Child Support Investigating Officer Job Description and Profile
Under direction, the job of Child Support Investigative Officer entails conducting investigations that is related to the establishment or non-payment of child support. He serves various processes in child support cases and performs other duties as required. The child support investigating officers receive and report their assignments to the Child Support Manager.
Duties and Specifications
- Conducts office and field investigations on the lifestyle of non-custodial parents and pursues their location as well as their potential assets with the use of a number of means such as skiptracing and accessing databases, credit bureaus, public records and banking records.
- Conducts phone and personal interviews with parents, both custodial and non-custodial, their current and past employers, friends, relatives, acquaintances and other potential witnesses to verify information regarding child support obligations.
- Serves subpoenas and civil papers in connection with cases on child support; prepares civil papers and affidavits; reports all information connected with child support to lawyers and law enforcement officers; and testifies regarding actions done in locating persons regarding their child support responsibilities.
- Takes appropriate actions such as making telephone calls and writing correspondences related to the collection of payment non-sufficient checks received by the company as payment for child support; keeps and maintains records of cases for investigation.
- Assigned to other duties in child support cases as required.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to interpret and apply state, federal and local laws and regulations regarding the enforcement of orders on child support.
- Be able to read, learn and interpret laws and regulations.
- Must conduct effective types of interviews.
- Be able to communicate technical information to those with a range of cultural, educational and financial backgrounds.
- Evaluate various situations and apply the appropriate action.
- Able to trace and locate missing assets and persons.
- Must learn about the use of financial devices.
Education and Qualifications
- Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Two years of experience related to child support work.
Office Maintenance Job Description
Office Attendant Job Description
Medical Office Job Description
Front Office Hotel Job Description
Cash Office Job Description
Business Office Supervisor Job Description
Assistant Office Manager Job Description
General Office Manager Job Description
Office Assistant Supervising Job Description
Grading Inspector Job Description
Crime Analyst Job Description
Trust Officer Job Description