Logistics Accountant Job Profile and Description
The logistics accountant job profile presents a picture of duties that are required to be fulfilled as part of a logistics account management system or group. The logistics accounting department may be part of a larger organization or company, and hence the range of jobs to be handled by the accountant would also vary accordingly. On a general note, a logistics accountant requires to properly examine the freight charges applicable and prepare account statements accordingly.
It is the job of the logistics accountant to establish healthy financial relationships between the company he is employed at and its clients or shareholders, partners, and creditors. He must carefully manage the accounts of all parties that have been forwarded freights and report their financial status as well as the corresponding condition of the company.
Logistics Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
A logistics accountant is given the duty of performing job responsibilities such as:
- Settling the company records of accounting by determining the exact amounts payable as well as those pending for cash receiving.
- Managing and processing financial deals among various companies and/or clients, at times beyond national boundaries.
- A logistics accountant has to wrap up financial tasks within a stipulated period of accounting, without failing out on a single aspect even. It is his duty to cross-check all the entries in the various accounting books and financial statements so as to identify any faults or error that might have occurred and also adopt immediate measures to solve the accounting problem.
- Manage freights and review rates as per the State laws or company rules.
- Ensure proper abiding of the strictures imposed for management of logistics accounts
- Assess the modes of payments, rate of return, policies and benefits underlying the program, and other details that form part of logistics accounting.
- Co-ordinate with various parties for signing financial contracts and agreements, with thorough adherence of legal issues.
- Preparation of logistics account reports and properly forwarding them to higher authorities
Logistics Accountant Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that help an individual qualify for the post of a logistics accountant include:
- Accountancy and financial knowledge, skills that help manage and/or administer business deals and issues.
- Knowledge of accounting terms and techniques and ability to understand or develop unique methodologies for specific work conditions.
- Practical knowledge of payment and record-keeping, maintenance of the books of accounts.
- Interactive skills and technological qualities
Logistics Accountant Education and Qualifications
A logistics accountant must acquire the required education and qualification standards before applying for jobs in the respective field, which include:
- Graduate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Professional experience in financial firms or accounting department of any company, with a minimum of three to five years’ training under registered Logistics service providers
- Licensure to qualify as a certified logistics accountant
Logistics Accountant Salary
The salary of an average logistics accountant ranges between the lower limit of $46,000 to as high as $78,000, while better trained accountants and professionals with greater work experience can earn even more per year.
Property Accountant Job Profile and Description
A property accountant, as the term clearly implies, performs the job of analyzing properties, recording corresponding details and description, and correctly accounting for the same. The accountant is to estimate or state the exact amount generated or to-be generated by the property at a particular instance of time, after a specific time span, or during some stipulated time period.
The property in question must be studied thoroughly by the accountant and all relevant and important aspects of its nature must be recorded, such that the corresponding financial details can be easily accounted for. The property accountant must keep track of all the properties under his supervision and be updated with the latest information related to them, as may be required by the company or his individual firm or self.
Property Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
A property accountant performs the following job duties and responsibilities:
- Property investigation and study of its financial prospects, thereby accounting for the property as per the company’s needs.
- Conducting the process of exact valuation of the property and documentation of its financial as well as related description in details.
- Reconciliation of bank statements, management of cash-flow structures, investments and returns.
- Determination of the taxes levied on the property and suggesting means to acquire them.
- Review of the laws of taxation and making payments accordingly.
- Consolidation of funds; handling assets related to the property.
- Maintenance of property papers and handing out payments as required by the contract or agreement, within the specified interval of time.
- Calculating monthly, quarterly, or annual interests on the property and paying or receiving payments for the same, depending upon the nature of the company and the property deal.
Property Accountant Skills and Specifications
The various skills and specifications required to be possessed by a property accountant have been described below:
- Mathematical qualities; logical and reasoning abilities
- Analytical skills; decision-making approach and ability to solve problems easily within minimum time-span.
- Critical power of thinking; verbal as well as written communicative skills, listening power
- Ability to work in groups; leadership qualities
- Computer knowledge and corresponding application skills
Property Accountant Education and Qualifications
An individual interested in pursuing career as a property accountant requires to fulfill the following education and qualification standards:
- Bachelor’s degree in the study of Accounting, Finance, Business Management or other related fields.
- Qualification achieved as a Certified Public Accountant
- Certified work experience in private/public accounting firms and/or industries dealing with property matters
Property Accountant Salary
The salary of an average property accountant is generally $71,250 per annum, with increased levels of expertise and academic qualifications helping earn more.
General Accountant Job Profile and Description
A general accountant is responsible for performing the common accounting functions in any company or organization wherein he/she may be employed. The accountant is to possess general education degrees in the field of accounting and related studies and have formal training in the actual execution of the theories of accounting.
He is required to prepare financial statements for the company or present such statements of accounting and financial records to partners of the firm, clients, shareholders and creditors, or any other party to the business-making of the firm. A general accountant may be employed in any small, medium, or large-scale industry or official background and must account for the relevant issues according to the need of the organization or company.
General Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
As suggested by the title of the designation, a general accountant performs the job comprising of the most basic and general accounting duties and responsibilities, which include:
- Review of financial transactions and cash-flow statements in a thorough and sincere manner so as to record them properly in the books of accounts.
- Drafting financial statements after complete accounting and calculations at the end of a fiscal year or any other period of time determined as the span for accounting by the respective organization or firm.
- Estimating costs of production and accounting for various purchases by the company, promotional charges, transportation costs, salary and wages, and other miscellaneous expenses incurred for business purposes. All costs incurred must be recorded and accounted for with complete details alongside.
- Preparing accounting statements, making proper journal and ledger entries and calculating net amounts, drafting profit and loss statements and making other required account reports such as the balance sheet and trial balance, etc.
- A general accountant is responsible for creating the budget and also adhering to its regulations for various financial transactions of the company.
- It is an important professional duty of the general accountant to have complete knowledge of the laws of taxation and other specifications and ensure that the accounts department follows them strictly.
- Management of client records for accounting as well as preparing bank statements; finding accounting flaws and providing feasible and efficient solutions for the same.
General Accountant Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to be possessed by a general accountant include:
- Accounting knowledge and practical proficiency
- Analytical and reasoning skills
General Accountant Education and Qualifications
The education requirements of general accountants can be described as below:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related subjects
- Specialization in areas of accounting and acquiring a Master’s or Post-graduate degree for the same
- Becoming a Certified Public Accountant, as per the State laws
General Accountant Salary
The average salary of a general accountant is $41,700, with salaries increasing according to higher levels of education and work-experience.