Vehicle Shop Supervisor Job Description and Profile
Under general direction, the job of the Shop Supervisor entails planning, organizing, supervising and coordinating the operations of shop responsible for repair and maintenance of diesel and gas fuel vehicles, heavy trucks and other heavy equipment. He likewise performs related tasks and duties that are assigned to him.
Duties and Specifications
- Assesses the load of work, prepares schedules of services and assigns duties and tasks within the shop.
- Recommends and evaluates procedures, policies and standards for fleet maintenance.
- Plans, evaluates and prioritizes work of subordinate staff.
- Makes recommendations for changes in staff to meet workload demands.
- Interviews job applicants and makes recommendations.
- Assesses training requirements as well as training programs.
- Trains staff in various areas of fleet operations, maintenance and repair.
- Documents performances of employees.
- Maintains and keeps records of employees and that of vehicle use.
- Utilizes personal computer to record, document, analyze and retrieve important data.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to plan, assign, delegate and prioritize his work and that of others.
- Must be able to apply supervisory practices and principles.
- Must be able to apply budgetary practices and principles.
- Be able to efficiently develop and implement procedures of fleet operations.
- Must be able to collect and analyze important data, create appropriate conclusions, and submit recommendations to superiors.
- Must know how to use personal computer and a variety of related program software.
- Able to maintain and keep accurate reports and records of staff performance and vehicles.
- Able to establish and maintain harmonious work relationships.
Education and Qualifications
- 5 solid years of vehicle repairing experience which include experience in the use of electronic diagnostic tools.
- Substantial amount of work experience in lead capacity is desired.
- Possesses valid State Driver’s License (Class C).