Transportation career descriptions provide you various avenues of opportunities that can be found in the field of transportation. A career in transportation needs good relationships with suppliers and customers, immense travel, maintenance of warehouse and storage facilities, ensuring good logistics, etc. It is a dynamic industry with unknown demand conditions. Good relationships with various suppliers and customers can ensure a continuous stream of income to a large extent. Candidates who want to pursue a career in transportation should have good knowledge of their particular supply chain management. Depending on the role, the requirements may differ. Below information can help a great deal to those candidates who want to set up their career in this field.
Various career choices are available in the field of Transportation. Some of them are listed below:
- Transportation Planner
- Warehouse Manager
- Traffic / Transportation Engineer
- Vehicle Maintenance Manager
- Vehicle Driver
- Automobile Mechanic
- Cargo and Freight Agents
- Shipping and Receiving Clerks
- Distribution Manager
- Logistics Specialist
The following factors are also needed to be considered if one is considering a career in the field of Transportation:
- Students should pursue streams related to transportation in their graduation and post graduation like supply chain management, logistics, Third party logistics, warehousing management, shipping and distribution, etc.
- Contacts with various suppliers and customers, access to different markets where raw materials can be found or products can be sold will be immensely useful.
- Candidates should be willing to work for longer hours and should be willing to travel very often. They should also be flexible to work in shifts.