Telecom Career descriptions present you a wide array of career paths that are open for those candidates who want to venture in the area of telecommunications. Telecom is a highly competitive field with very narrow margins of profits with decreasing call charges. The focus is more on providing value added services. Telecom industry services have more or less become a commodity and only those who can provide good telecom signal and inexpensive service to customers will generate the maximum market share and revenues. The following are some useful information on career opportunities and expected traits from a future telecom professional.
Various career choices are available if one wants to work in the field of Telecom. Some of them are listed below:
- Telecom Consultant
- Telecom Engineer
- Telecom Designer
- Telecom Specialist
- Telecom Network Engineer
- Chartered Telecommunications Engineer
- Telecom Programming Manager
- Telecom Customer Relationship Manager
- Telecom Sales specialist
- Telecom Service Administrative
The following factors are also needed to be considered if one is considering setting up a career in Telecom:
- Students should take up telecommunications in their engineering studies. They could also take networking, IT, telecom, marketing in their graduation and post graduation.
- Candidates who want to be a professional in the field of telecom should have detailed knowledge about this sector and should get new customers to use their core and value added services
- The job description of different roles in Telecom is different. But in general knowing the specifications of mobile devices, predicting the future needs of the customers and catering to them will determine the contribution of the professional and the performance of the company.