Social Services career descriptions present to you the likely opportunities in the emerging field of social services. Social services sector, hitherto likened only to not-for-profit, is soon emerging as a lucrative sector. Companies have found ways to benefit the business and community together while also generating handsome profits. Candidates should be socially responsible apart from possessing the general skills like aptitude and attitude to carry out their role in a corporate. Social services field has attracted many entrepreneurial ideas. The key idea of social entrepreneurship is to cater to the bottom most section of the society or to the less privileged and provide them with at least the basic services that are needed for a livelihood. The following are the career options, educational and job requirements for a candidate aspiring to venture into the field of social services.
Various career choices are available if one wants to work in the field of Social Services. Some of them are listed below:
- Social worker
- NGO Volunteer
- Psychiatric social worker
- Criminal Rehabilitation Social worker
- Social counsellor
- Corporate social worker
The following factors are also needed to be considered if one is considering a career in Social Services:
- There is no formal education requirement for a candidate who wants to work as a social worker.
- Students need to complete at least their graduation preferably in the field where they want to make a social contribution.
- Candidates should be willing to fulfil at least the minimum requirements of the community at large. They should be able to find sustainable solutions to the problems so that the community can sustain on its own within a few years.