Sample Network Administrator Job Profile and Description
The Network Administrator is one who oversees the maintenance, administration and management of the computer networks and the data circuits. A sample network administrator’s job deals with information technology and it requires the professional to work in a milieu, which has numerous computers connected. A sample network administrator’s function depends on the nature and size of the network which means a small network would require the service of a single administrator; the large networks need several individuals.
Sample Network Administrator Duties and Responsibilities
- Overseeing the computer networks in order to make sure that they are functioning smoothly.
- Designing and setting up the structure for the computer network and also configuring the existing network.
- Customizing the network to the requirement of the individual company by getting the network connected to the essential hardware and software.
- Monitoring the network’s performance and also ensuring that the computer is not facing any troubleshooting problems.
- Controlling the user access to the network and creating a firewall for the security of the organization.
Sample Network Administrator Skills and Specifications
- Familiarity with different types of network operating systems
- Ability to upgrade the knowledge base regularly
- Great organizational skills
- Good logical sense
- Ability to diagnose and solve the networking problems.
Sample Network Administrator Education and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science with good amount of knowledge in sciences and mathematics.
- Good amount of experience working with the computers and every network issue related to the computer.
Sample Network Administrator Salary
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median yearly income of the Sample Network Administrator was $58,190 in 2004. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the organization they work for and the experience of the professional.