Sales Operations Director Job Profile and Description
The sales operation director would plan and execute the tactical and sales plans and objectives assigned to him. He plays a key role in sustaining and growing the usage of a company’s products and services within the account base.
They work for a wide range of companies including marketing firms to wholesale directors. Some sales operation directors can work their way upwards to the position san any post secondary educational qualification. However a bachelor’s degree is the most common qualification of them all.
Sales Operations Director Duties and Responsibilities
Following are some of the typical duties and responsibilities that a sales operation director is likely to pursue:
- Determining the annual units and the gross profit plans via implementation of the marketing strategies, analyzing the results and trends.
- Establishing sales objectives by developing and forecasting the annual sales quota for every territory and regions.
- Projecting the expected sales volume and profits for upcoming and existing products.
- Implementing national sales programs by developing the field sales plans.
- Maintaining product mix, sales volumes and the selling price by keeping current supply with demand, economic indicators, changing trends and competition.
- Establishing and adjusting the sales price by monitoring competition, costs and supply and demand.
- Fulfilling national sales operational requirement by assigning and scheduling the employees, and following up the work results.
- Maintaining the national sales staff by selecting, training and orienting the employees and also monitoring, planning and appraising the job results.
Sales Operations Director Skills and Specifications
Skills and specifications that a sales operation director must possess include the following:
- Thorough knowledge about the various sales promotional schemes including the mail process industry.
- Demonstrable and proficiency in qualifying, prospecting and creating value based demonstrations and the ability in writing and directing proposal preparation, experience regarding objection handling and negotiation.
- Sound organizational skills along with the ability for assembling additional technical assistance when required.
- Proficiency in computer skills like the MS Office suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Sales Operations Director Education and Qualification
The educational qualifications that a sales operation director is required to have are as follows:
- MBA in sales from an accredited university or college.
- At least 10 years’ of work experience in a similar field.
Sales Operations Director Salary
A sales operation director can expect to draw a salary of about $87,900 including bonus and perks.