Public Health Microbiologist Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, the job of Public Health Microbiologist entails interpretation of microbiological tests in the areas of environmental sanitation and communicable diseases. The job likewise involves the performance of related tasks and duties when required.
Duties and Specifications
- Performs lab tests in the areas of mycology, bacteriology, serology, virology and parasitology.
- Prepares specimens of environmental, animal, human origin to help in the diagnosis and check-up of sexually-transmitted conditions like gonorrhea, HIV, herpes, sypillis and chlamydia, tuberculosis as well as coccidioidomycosis, tuberculosis and other illnesses like the diphtheria and plague.
- Analyzes and explains test data.
- Prepares full reports of test findings and maintains corresponding records of such results.
- Conducts high quality control tests ensuring test compliance with company rules and regulations.
- Supplies technical and medical information to doctors, nursing staffs and clinical labs regarding interpretation of lab exams and other laboratory methods and procedures.
- Uses automated and computerized equipment.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to analyze important data and form conclusions.
- Must be able to explain technical data and information.
- Be able to understand, and apply local, federal and state laws that pertain to public health lab.
- Must know how to create and keep reports and records.
- Be able to communicate with various types of people.
- Must know how to operate lab equipment.
- Be able to operate computer.
- Must have knowledge of principles of biology, chemistry, physics and microbiology.
- Be familiar with federal and state laws that affect public health lab.
- Be familiar with equipment and techniques utilized in performing lab tests.
- Must be aware of lab safety practices.
Education and Qualifications
- Possesses Certificate of Public Health Microbiologist issued by State Department of Human Services.
Admitting Interviewer Job Description
Dispensing Optician Job Description
Dietary Aide Job Description
Dietitian Job Description
Dental Assistant Job Description
Cosmetic Surgeon Job Description
Child Life Specialist Job Description
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Description
Cardiovascular Technician Job Description
Body Therapist Job Description
Aroma Therapist Job Description
Allergist Job Description