Public Affairs Analyst Job Profile and Description
Public Affairs Analysts work with economists and social analysts in a number of financial, investment, securities and think tank houses which provide socio-economic and political weather situations in the country and overseas. They provide the raw and processed data to assist economic decision makers where to put their money, create business opportunities or develop markets, usually looking at risk countries with a good promise of future stability to gain optimum profits. They also can be quite busy during election periods to provide data to the electorate on their options in electing the right political figures.
Public Affairs Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze and track executive, legislative and judicial developments over the last 50 years to create a trend pattern as well as the social and economic trends mutually resulting from each other.
- Develop the socio-political research protocols to follow in any analytic initiatives.
- Maintain and update database of legislative and regulatory information and pertinent data that shape society and the political landscapes
- Generate political analysis reports of campaign speeches, government actions, legislative reforms and other current developments in political governance.
- Assist in the preparation of talking points on specific points in a political lecture.
Public Affairs Analyst Skills and Specifications
- Must have strong organization, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Must have experience in online research and high computer literacy skills to work on complex macro-encoded MD spreadsheets
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Public Affairs Analyst Education and Qualifications
- A BS degree in statistics, economics, political science, public administration or related fields is basic while a master’s degree is an advantage.
- 3-5 years of experience in related research work is an advantage.
Public Affairs Analyst Salary
The annual salary of Political Affairs Analysts ranges from about $54,300 to about $73,000 depending on the industry, its location, as well as the qualification and experience or seniority of the analyst.
Systems Analyst Job Description
Software Business Analyst Job Description
Requirement Analyst Job Description
Marketing Data Analyst Job Description
HR Analyst Job Description
Criminal Analyst Job Description
CFA Job Description
Staff Analyst Job Description
Financial Systems Analyst Job Description
Business Analyst Job Descriptions
Database Analyst Job Descriptions
Sales Analyst Job Descriptions