Project administration Job Profile and Description
A project administration position is one in which the candidate is assigned the responsibilities of project by an organization. The activities that need to be undertaken by a project administration candidate are preparation of project report, analysis of project report for improvement and lastly maintenance of all documentation aspects of the project.
The project administration candidate works in coordination with the project manager team headed by the project manager. The candidate is also required to maintain project budget, project forecast and general ledger of the project work and cash flows.
Project administration Duties and Responsibilities
The key duties of a project administration person are:-
- Assist the project team in smooth work flow by keeping all the aspects of the project in a systematic manner.
- Undertake overall planning for the project which includes technical, feasibility, financial and project schedule for appropriate timely execution.
- Roviding proper documentation of all the legal formalities of the project.
- Maintenance of project report in a phase wise manner for easy reference.
- Maintenance of budget and actual cost reports of the project for quick comparison at any point of time.
- Ensure timely completion of project according to schedule detailed at the beginning of the project.
Project administration Skills and Specifications
The skills needed for a project administration person are detailed here under:-
- Must be very organized to ensure deadlines are met.
- Should have detail orientation to check every aspect of the project accurately.
- Should possess good follow up skills with all levels of staff involved in the project.
- Should be able to multi task more than one project at a time without any difficulty.
- Should be willing to provide administrative support for the project by organizing meetings, maintain reports, sending letters to relevant authorities etc.
- Should have good hands on experience in using computers, printers and fax machines.
- Should be very efficient to complete assigned tasks within timeframe.
- Should have good communication skills.
Project administration Education and Qualification
The educational requirements of a project administration person are:-
- A high school degree is a must for the candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in arts, commerce or management is needed.
- It is not mandatory but having a project management certification will be an added advantage.
Project administration Salary
The average salary of a project administration person varies anywhere between $65,000 to $75,000 per annum and may increase up to $90,000 per annum with suitable experience and educational background.