Pharmaceutical Career Descriptions give you an array of opportunities in the field of pharmacy. Pharmaceutical companies continuously involve themselves in R&D activities to find new drugs to cure diseases. Immense revenue can be generated if new drugs are developed and patented. Professionals in this field should be informed well about various drugs and disburse medicines to patients accordingly. Most of the pharmacists practice on their own by running retail pharmacy shops. They also need to understand the doctor prescription and despatch medicines. Below given are the career choices, educational and job requirements of a professional working in the field of pharmacy.
Various career choices are available in the field of Pharmacy. Some of them are listed below:
- Pharmaceutical Sales manager
- Pharmacy technician
- R&D Manager
- Pharmacy clerk
- Pharmaceutical machine operator
- IT Pharmacist
- Pharmacist assistant
- Pharmacy Director
The following factors are also needed to be considered if one is considering a career in the field of Pharmacy:
- Individuals who want to become druggists or pharmacists need to take up pharmacy as their course of study in medicine.
- Candidates with good exposure to various drugs and medicines for curing illnesses and diseases are given preference over others.
- They also need to administer medicines and drugs on patients and recommend better recovery techniques.
- Maintaining records for drugs supplies and drugs selling is an essential responsibility of a candidate working in a pharmacy shop.
- The candidates willing to work in this filed must keep themselves updated with the latest developments and techniques in pharmacy.