Personal Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
There are various duties and responsibilities of a personal assistant, they are as follows:
- Handles the day to day activities like phone calls, meetings and appointments of the manager, director or the executive for whom they are working as personal assistant
- Taking care of managing accounts
- Checking on the stationery available
- During meetings, he has to write the minutes
- Takes dictations from the person for whom he is working as a personal assistant
- Preparing correspondences on behalf of the boss
- Sometimes a personal assistant may have to take care of unofficial work if he is working for individual like a movie star, millionaire minister or a celebrity.
- Inform and update his boss about emails received, letters and similar other information
- Making arrangements for travelling for boss which includes booking tickets or hotels and sometimes he may also has to accompany his boss
Personal Assistant Skills and Specifications
It is essential for a personal assistant to have the following skills and specifications:
- Knowledge about receiving and sending emails
- Knowledge about taking minutes of meetings
- They should have excellent verbal as well as written communication skills
- Good organizing skills
Personal Assistant Education and Qualification
It is not necessary for a personal assistant to have any specific degree. They can be a graduate in any stream. A diploma in English or office management is always an advantage.
Personal Assistant Salary
The salary of a personal assistant depends on the type of work he is doing or the kind of client he has. A personal assistant can have an annual salary of $50000.