Para Legal Secretary Job Profile and Description
Paralegal Secretaries work in different types of office environments- from the law firms and corporate legal branches to the non-profit organizations as well as the government agencies. They interact with the attorneys, office employees, and clients etc and employ their legal knowledge and their administrative skills for handling a number of legal matters. They also have the duty to carry out the day-to-day clerical work of the workplace.
Para Legal Secretary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting the basic aspects of the legal nature of employee relations, like that of developing the employee contracts and negotiating the worker benefits.
- Preparing and filing of the documents of different types for documents.
- Monitoring the regulations which are associated with the employer, advising the staff regarding the changes in the regulations.
- Carrying out the management roles and leading the team of the fellow paralegals on different types of projects.
Para Legal Secretary Skills and Specifications
- Proficiency in the use of computer, software and all types of related office equipments.
- Aware of legal terminologies and the legal procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and highly organized professional.
- Great communication skills
- Ability to handle plethora of duties efficiently
- Ability to carry out transcription and speed writing
Para Legal Secretary Education and Qualifications
- Basic degree from any reputed college of institution.
- Previous working experience in law, and law enforcement as an intern in some law firm and some experience in the secretarial work.
- Holding a diploma certificate in Legal Secretariat ship would be an added advantage.
Para Legal Secretary Salary
The average salary of a paralegal secretary is $40,000 per year. However, the professionals’ income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the organization they work for and the experience of the professional.