Office Assistant Supervising Job Description and Profile
Under general direction, the Supervising Office Assistant supervises and does clerical and fiscal activities, such as record keeping, for a major organizational or functional unit. The Supervising Office Assistant likewise performs related tasks and duties when required of him
Duties and Specifications
- Plans, assigns and schedules the work of office staff.
- Gives instructions within the office setting.
- Sets up and creates improvements in computer systems, office procedures and manuals of work methods and gives instructions to his staff members in their use.
- Chooses, evaluates and trains his subordinates.
- Initiates in improving and reorganizing the work assignments and procedures which resulted from modifications in policy or workload.
- Discusses with office heads, administrators, supervisors, employees and the general public on the business of the office and suggests and shares important information.
- Personally performs complex clerical tasks and duties.
Skills and Specifications
- Able plan, assign and prioritize office work of self and other office members.
- Must be able to learn and use practices and principles of supervision.
- Be able to establish general standards and evaluate the performance of staff.
- Must know how to train other staff in the right procedures and methods.
- Be able to develop a comprehensive knowledge of procedures, policies and organization.
- Must know how to use general and specific computer and automated applications.
- Able to establish effective and harmonious relationships with employees, clients and general public.
- Able to tactfully interact with people from all levels of organization.
- Must be able to maintain full confidentiality.
- Must know how to legibly write to record important information.
- Be able to prepare good correspondence.
- Must understand and follow instructions, verbal and written.
Education and Qualifications
- Must possess High School diploma or its equivalent.
- Must have at least four years of responsible clerical experience, which at least a year in a supervisory capacity.
Office Maintenance Job Description
Office Attendant Job Description
Medical Office Job Description
Front Office Hotel Job Description
Cash Office Job Description
Business Office Supervisor Job Description
Assistant Office Manager Job Description
General Office Manager Job Description
Grading Inspector Job Description
Crime Analyst Job Description
Child Support Investigating Officer Job Description
Trust Officer Job Description