Nursing Faculty is required to teach nursing lessons to the students aspiring to get into this field. They need to be thorough about the various medical and clinical terms, processes and procedures and impart knowledge about the same to their students so that they are trained efficiently to work in a nursing home or hospital. Nursing faculty helps in preparing the curriculum and ensures that the students are taught as per it.
Nursing faculty also needs to prepare test papers to assess the student’s knowledge. It is essential to undergo a relevant degree course in order to become a nursing faculty. A person must also have good communication and teaching skills in order to handle this position well.
Nursing Faculty Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Nursing Faculty are as follows:
- Nursing Faculty is involved in preparing nursing care programs.
- Nursing Faculty is required to give training sessions to the students aspiring to get into the nursing positions.
- Nursing Faculty needs to ensure that the students are given proper training so that they are clear about various aspects of nursing.
- Nursing Faculty is required to make sure that the students are trained well to take care of the patients and attend to their needs by the time they are through with the course.
- Nursing Faculty needs to give inputs while the nursing syllabus is being prepared.
- Nursing Faculty may counsel the students on career in the nursing field.
- Nursing Faculty is required to stay updated with the latest in the nursing field and ensure that all the latest information is imparted to the students.
- Nursing Faculty is required to look for newer ways to make the classroom sessions more interesting.
- Nursing Faculty needs to conduct examinations and check the examination papers to assess the student’s knowledge.
Nursing Faculty Skills and Specifications
Nursing Faculty requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Nursing faculty needs to have good communication skills and the ability to put across his/ her point well.
- Nursing faculty is required to stay updated with the latest industry information
Nursing Faculty Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Nursing Faculty are as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s/ Master’s Degree in nursing field
- Experience in teaching
Nursing Faculty Salary
The average annual salary of a Nursing Faculty is around …………… The salary may differ from employer to employer and also based on the candidate’s experience.