Nursing Anesthetist works as a part of the medical care team and helps in performing surgeries. The profession offers a good enough salary and the job duties performed by a nursing anesthetist are also quite interesting. However, one requires getting a specialized degree in order to practice as a nurse anesthetist.
The tasks performed by a nurse anesthetist are quite similar to that of an anesthesiologist. A nurse anesthetist is required to assess the patients’ health conditions before he/ she is taken for surgery. It is essential to have proper knowledge about the anesthesia dosage and other medical requirements. The position of a nurse anesthetist is that of great responsibility as even a small negligence on his part can cause a major health issue for the patient.
Nursing Anesthetist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Nursing Anesthetist include:
- Nursing Anesthetist is required to assess the patient’s health before he undergoes the surgery. He is required to carry out certain tests to see if giving anesthesia to the patient would be fine or not.
- Nursing Anesthetist is required to make sure that the patients are prepared well for the surgery both physically as well as mentally.
- Nursing Anesthetist is required to ensure that the patients are given appropriate dosage of anesthesia.
- Nursing Anesthetist needs to provide information related to anesthesia to the patients. He needs to calm the patients’ anxiety and educate him/ her about the after effects of anesthesia.
- Nursing Anesthetist is required to administer anesthetics.
- Nursing Anesthetist needs to ensure that proper level of anesthesia is maintained while the surgery is going on.
- Nursing Anesthetist is required to monitor the patients for a while after the anesthesia is given. This is to check if the anesthesia goes in properly or reacts in a different manner.
- Nursing Anesthetist needs to prepare patients reports.
Nursing Anesthetist Skills and Specifications
Nursing Anesthetist requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Nursing Anesthetist is required to have complete knowledge about the amount and kind of anesthesia to be given under different medical conditions.
- Nursing Anesthetist should be attentive.
Nursing Anesthetist Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Nursing Anesthetist are as follows:
- A high school diploma
- A Degree in BSN.
- Should be a registered nurse in order to carry out the tasks of a nurse anesthetist.
Nursing Anesthetist Salary
A Nursing Anesthetist may earn an average annual salary of around $ 165000. The salary may vary depending upon the employer as well as the city he is based in.