Medical transcriptionist Job Profile and Description
The job profile of a medical transcriptionist includes converting of medical document in understandable language. They are responsible for explaining the prescription of the physician to the patients and maintain electronic records of the patient medical history documents.
They are responsible for editing and correcting the grammatical mistakes in a transcribed document. Medical Transcriptionist is responsible for gathering information and deleting the irrelevant document from a medical bulletin.
Medical transcriptionist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Medical transcriptionist are as follows:
- To transcribe the medical history of patient in the permanent records.
- To make the patient understand the medical prescription and address the queries revived at the counter.
- To give the list of do’s and don’ts to the patients with hereditary disease symptoms.
- To follow the policy of the organisation and to maintain the secrecy of the records.
- To complete the given assignments within the deadline.
- To update the knowledge regularly as per the demands of the profession.
- To increase the efficiency of the transcription department of the hospital.
- To work in coordination with the team members and other departments of the clinic.
- To identify the mistakes in the report and discuss with the doctors for revision.
- To make judicious use of the reference material in framing a particular transcript document.
Medical transcriptionist Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Medical transcriptionist include:
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in written is required.
- Good Listening Skills.
- Ability to complete the project within the stipulated deadline.
- Ability to work independently without any assistance.
- Good grammatical skills are required.
- Ability to concentrate and work hard consistently for long hours.
- Excellent speaking skills are required to interact with the patients and their relatives.
- Excellent time management skills to optimize the work output.
Medical transcriptionist Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Medical transcriptionist are as follows:
- Graduate in any discipline related to medicine is mandatory.
- In depth knowledge about medical transcription and related guidelines is a must.
Medical transcriptionist Salary
A Medical transcriptionist can except to earn average annual salary in the range of $32000 to $40000.The salary may go up for deserving candidates having prior job experience. The total emoluments also depend upon the location and the standard of the hospital.