Medical Technologist is required to work in close association with the doctors and physicians. These professionals are required to examine the blood and other samples obtained from the human body. After conducting this examination these professionals need to assess the specimen to prepare reports and share it with the physician.
They are required to find out the health condition of the patient by examining and assessing their blood, urine and other samples and also the reason behind their medical condition. It is essential to undergo a relevant degree course in order to get into this position and handle it appropriately. Medical Technologists are required to work in laboratories and most employers prefer hiring professionals having some work experience in this field.
Medical Technologist Duties and Responsibilities
Medical Technologist is required to manage various tasks of the organization he is working for. Some of his job duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Medical Technologist needs to perform examination of the human blood, urine, saliva and tissue samples.
- Medical Technologist is required to needs to prepare reports based on the tests conducted and share the same with the doctors and physicians who are looking at the case.
- Medical Technologist needs to diagnose the patient’s health condition by checking the blood, urine and other samples taken from his body.
- Medical Technologist is also expected to figure out the reason behind the patient’s health condition by studying the samples.
- Medical Technologist needs to ensure that the patient’s reports are kept confidential and not shared with anyone without their permission.
- Medical Technologist is required to work with various laboratory tools and equipments.
- Medical Technologist needs to work in association with different medical professionals.
- Medical Technologist needs to conduct research to find out new and innovative means of conducting tests.
Medical Technologist Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required to become a Medical Technologist are as follows:
- Medical Technologist is required to have knowledge about micro organisms that breed in the human body.
- Medical Technologist is required to be skilled in conducting tests using various laboratory tools and equipments.
Medical Technologist Education and Qualification
The educational qualification needed to get into the position of Medical Technologist is as follows:
- A High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medical technology
- License from professional regulatory commission to practice as a Medical Technologist
Medical Technologist Salary
The average salary of Medical Technologist is $57,000. The salary may vary depending upon the company and the city the candidate is employed in and also based on the candidate’s qualification and experience.