Medical receptionist Job Profile and Description
Medical receptionist perform the task of greeting the patients and solving their queries .They are responsible for scheduling appointments with the doctors and maintaining records of the visiting patients. Medical receptionist prepares the bills, maintains account and collects payments from the patient’s relatives.
They are responsible of solving all the queries received on the telephone and to transfer calls to various departments of the hospital as per requirements. Medical receptionist also keeps the records of the patient’s secret.
Medical receptionist Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Medical receptionist are as follows:
- Answer the queries in a professional and efficient manner.
- To prepare the bills and receive money from the patients relative.
- To send the bill to the office of the various insurance companies’s in cashless treatment cases.
- To upload files and send electronic mails to the different vendors.
- To handle the banking transactions of the hospital.
- To follow the rules of the organisation and maintain secrecy of the operational procedures.
- To inform the staff of any latest development.
- To place the orders regarding the purchase of stationery and other important medical equipments.
Medical receptionist Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Medical receptionist include:
- Ability to strictly follow the protocols of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Skills to be a successful team leader.
- Excellent knowledge of the computers.
- Ability to do multi tasking and flexibility in working hours is essential
- Skills to manage time to improve efficiency
- Ability to remain organized and to show professionalism in work.
- Skills to effectively handle multiple queries at a time.
Medical receptionist Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Medical receptionist are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to medical supervision is essential.
- Higher payout is given to the candidates with a masters degree in any discipline related to medicine.
- Two years experience in a mid size hospital in the post of medical receptionist is essential to be considered for employment in super specialty clinic.
Medical receptionist Salary
A medical receptionist can expect an annual salary in the range of $ 25000 to $ 40000.The emoluments can go up depending upon the standard of the hospital, location and previous job experience of the candidate.