Medical billing job Profile and Description
Medical billing personnel are responsible for managing the bank account of the hospital. They collect cash payment from the relatives of the patient admitted in the hospital for treatment and give a printed receipt for the same. They perform the task of submitting completely filled in insurance claim forms to the respective insurance companies.
Medical billing job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Medical billing job will involve:
- To provide the estimates of the cost involved in treating a particular ailment of the patient.
- To advice the patients regarding the preventive measures which would prevent the disease for occurring again.
- To keep day to day records of the expenses incurred in the treatment of patients admitted in different wards.
- To inform the relative of the patients on phone to pay the outstanding dues to the hospital.
- To print electronically the discharge certificate and no dues certificate.
- Answering queries of patients on this illness and preparing reference materials for staff and patients and their families
- To help the doctors in conducting their jobs efficiently.
- To take par actively in various corporate social responsibility activities of the hospital.
Medical billing job Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications that are required of a Medical billing job include:
- Ability to digitally fill up and submit insurance claim forms to the respective insurance vendor’s websites on behalf of the patients admitted in the hospital for treatment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Efficient knowledge about the different computer system software.
- Skills to prepare the bills and prescription of the doctors on the computer.
- Ability to solve the billing related queries received from the relatives of the patients.
- Ability to prepare and keep record of the day to day expenses of the entire hospital in assigned databases.
Medical billing job Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Medical billing job are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in finance is essential.
- A master’s degree in finance will get additional advantage.
- At least six months experience in preparing bills and relevant documents is required.
Medical billing job Salary
A person involved in doing medical billing job usually receives an annual salary in the range of $ 44000 to $ 52000. The type of hospital, number of years of job experience and location play significant role in determining the actual pay.