Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description and Profile
Marketing is a complex as well as delicate operation. While some marketing procedures bring profits to the company, a marketing campaign gone wrong can create havoc for the company. It is the job of a marketing operations strategist to formulate effective strategies that will uphold the reputation of the company as well as provide effective marketing and publicity for the product. His main job is to study the market scenario and formulate strategies in order to increase the sales of the product.
Marketing Operations Strategist Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the current market scenario by collaborating by market analysts and researchers
- Formulate plans that will optimize the launch of product into the market
- Ensure that marketing and sales plans are within the standards of the company and not scandalizing in any manner
- Plan launches of the product and formulate blueprints for the entire marketing operator
- Report to the marketing operations manager or director with formulated plans
- Plan step by step procedure of the marketing campaign
- Hold discussions with project managers, research and development teams and sales executives to grasp the clear idea about the path that the marketing campaign should take
- Once the product is launched, collect customer feedback to ensure whether the campaign is working in the expected manner
- Make changes in the campaign to make it more effective if desired results are not derived
- Plan strategies with budget in mind
- Plan marketing strategies for various channels such as television, radio, internet and print media
Marketing Operations Strategist Education, Training and Qualifications
A marketing operations strategist should hold a master’s degree in sale and marketing. Experience of work in sale and marketing field is very important. He should have strong creative skills and must be innovative in creating marketing strategies.
Marketing Operations Strategist Degrees, Courses & Certification
MBA degree, which stands for Master’s in Business Administration, is the preferred degree. Sales and marketing have to be the major subjects. The degree should be obtained from a recognized and accredited institute. In this job, practical knowledge and skills are as important as classroom education since it involves a lot of creativity. Five years of experience is the minimum requirement.
Marketing Operations Strategist Skills and Specifications
- Excellent planning, analysis, observation and strategizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be creative in preparing marketing strategies
- Strong decision making skills
- Good problem solving skills
Marketing Operations Strategist‘s Salary/Wage
Salary of a marketing operations strategist ranges between $60,000 and $90,000 per annum.