Market Planning Director Job Description and Profile
Market planning director is the head of marketing and sales department in the company. He is responsible for making policy decisions on marketing and sales in the company. In addition, he is the final approver and decision maker for all marketing campaigns. He takes on all administrative works and ensures that the product is successfully launched and accepted in the market. The job involves a lot of creativity and a sound knowledge about the existing market scenario. The market planning direct meets with the market researchers, market analysts and makes the final scheduling for marketing works. The decisions make by the market planning director can either make or break the reputation of the company, so it is a very responsible job.
Market Planning Director Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate marketing plans based on the existing market condition
- Ensure that all the marketing activities in the company as per company norms
- Ensure effective launch of company products and services into the market
- Evaluate the communications going out of the company with respect to marketing such as press releases, press notes and ads in the print media
- Ensuring high quality marketing campaigns
- Planning stages of launch of the product of the market in the national and international arena
- Scheduling promotions before launch
- Organize stage shows and other activities as part of the publicity campaigns
- Ensure that every launch of the company has fresh content
- Ensuring that the promotions and advertising activities are apt for the existing market conditions
- Plan budgets for publicity and marketing operations
- Ensure that operations remain within budgets
- Make important decisions on sponsorships
Market Planning Director Education, Training and Qualifications
Degree in administration, sales and marketing is the desires degree in the field. However, the most important aspect is experience since important strategy decisions need to be made.
Market Planning Director Degrees, Courses & Certification
Master’s degree in business administration with sales and marketing as the major subjects is the requirement. Experience is mandatory.
Market Planning Director Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Ability to analyze the market as well as foresee market trends
- Excellent observation skills
- Must have a highly creative bend of mind
- Must have a keen eye for detail
- Must be a visionary
- Must be very organized with excellent time management skills
Market Planning Director‘s Salary/Wage
The salary of a market planning director ranges from $75,000 to $150,000 per annum.