Legal Document Specialist Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, Legal Document Specialist’s job entails performing support and technical activities related to recording and issuing of official reports and documents. He also performs tasks of reassessing personal and real property for purposes of taxes. He likewise verifies assessment data.
Duties and Specifications
- Delivers friendly customer service by providing timely and accurate kind of service to the general public on all forms of request, complaints and inquiries.
- Responds in written form to requests for data and information.
- Assists in meeting goals of customer service by identifying specific client needs.
- Receives and accepts important documents from companies, lawyers and the public.
- Determines the acceptability of a document’s notarized portion
- Indexes various types of documents for proper recording.
- Enters information on document into specific document and records management system.
- Enters important data on appraisal to produce tax rolls as well as appropriate billings and sends notice to taxpayers of changes in writing.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to read and understand general employee and office manuals.
- Be able to communicate professionally and effectively with the use of business English.
- Be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must identify differences in document’s content and format.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of department records.
- Be able to maintain accurate document indexing.
- Must work within acceptable priorities and formats.
- Be able to engage and assist the general public with courtesy and tact.
- Establish effective and harmonious work relationships with the office staff, legal community and general public.
- Must learn to interpret pertinent codes, rules, laws, ordinances, policies, guidelines and procedures.
Education and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or possession of certificate on G.E.D.
- One year of general office or clerical experience.
- Possession of valid State Driver’s License (Class C).