Legal Consultant Job Profile & Description
A Legal Consultant is someone who provides legal services to business entities in a variety of arrangements ranging from identifying, solving and preventing legal issues. Usually, a legal consultant specializes in a certain area, such as banking, contract, employment, intellectual property, trust, tax, real estate, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
A Legal Consultant looks after all the legal requirements of the business entities that have been assigned to him by the legal firm.
- He helps business entities reach certain legal goals that they have envisioned for themselves.
- He solves existing legal issues of business entities.
- He also identifies matters that may require legal advocacy as well as prevents further cropping of legal issues.
- He works like an attorney but limits his services to business entities which will require his expertise in his area of specialization.
- He also co – ordinates and oversees the legal needs of the client.
- He is also involved in planning, research, training, and evaluation, analysis, reporting and problem – solving.
Skills and Specifications
- A Legal Consultant should have good verbal and written communication skills.
- He must have very good interpersonal skills and he should easily be able to gain the confidence of his clients.
- He should have the self – confidence of speaking in front of the senior management of the organization he is servicing.
- Very good analyzing and problem – solving skills are a must for this profession.
- He should be able to work for long hours and under high pressure.
- He must have the discretion to maintain client – attorney confidentiality faithfully.
Education and Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in law is the basic education qualification required to become a legal consultant. Further, a master’s degree in law and/or an MBA is also helpful in getting established in this profession.
Franchise Consultant Job Description
Consultant Job Descriptions
Internet Marketing Consultant Job Description
Retail Sales Consultant Job Description
Performance Consultant Job Description
Training Consultant Job Description
Healthcare Consultant Job Description
Educational Consultant Job Description
Employment Consultant Job Description
Legal Nurse Consultant Job Description
Associate Consultant Job Description
IT Consultant Job Description