Lean Manufacturing Manager Job Description And Profile
Lean manufacturing is a relatively new concept in the manufacturing industry. The process aims to increase the productivity of the employee force of the company by providing better working conditions and keeping the moods of the employees elevated. This requires a lot of operations and planning and overseeing all these aspects is the job so a lean manufacturing manager. The job requires a lot of creativity in order to think of ways to develop efficient working practices. The lean manufacturing manager has to shuffle the timetable of workers so as to ensure that there is no work overload.
Lean manufacturing manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the work practices in the place of work
- Investigate the various aspects that are pulling down employee output
- Formulate creative plans in order to enhance the productivity of employees
- Keeping the work place clear, airy and well ventilated
- Improve inventory conditions by getting rid of clutter and unwanted stuff
- Meeting with employees and obtaining their feedback regarding company working conditions
- Formulating employee time table so as not to overwork them
- Ensuring that employees are receiving basic facilities such as health insurance and other benefits
- Training staff in better work practices and ethics
- Implementing new and effective working principles, after discussions with the high level officials of the company
- Conducting seminars and workshops to enhance
- Providing incentives and bonus to encourage workers
Lean manufacturing manager Education, Training and Qualifications
The job of a lean manufacturing manager is mostly administrative and managerial. An applicant has to have a bachelor’s degree in management. He also has to have experience in work in manufacturing sector.
Lean manufacturing manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
The basic degree required is bachelor’s degree in management and administration, with human resource management as the major subject. However, a master’s in the same subject helps in quick career growth. Training in human resource manager is essential. The applicant can intern in a company in the human resource department.
Lean manufacturing manager Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong knowledge about healthy and safe working conditions
- Strong management skills
- Excellent observation and analysis skills
- Ability to creatively formulate ways and means to improve working conditions
- Maintain healthy relationships with both employees and management and in many cases, form a liaison between them
Lean manufacturing manager‘s Salary/Wage
The salary of a lean manufacturing manager ranges between $50,000 and $100,000 per annum.