The IT Coordinator is such a professional who plays an important role in the Information Technology of an institute. His position encompasses full range of IT, learning technology, technology integration etc as much possible at the Preschool-12 school level. The IT Coordinator oversees the network of the school, computers, systems and technology integration, software etc.
Assisting in the preparation of technical and structural documentations of the operating systems also falls under his/ her aegis.
IT Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing of district plan for the instructional usage of computers.
- Understanding district budget, budgeting the process, spending process, and working within the system in order to secure capable resources for the instructional computing.
- Developing, implementing, and periodically evaluating district technology based in-service plan.
- Helping the district in the process of developing and implementing plans for acquisition and maintenance of software and hardware.
- Maintaining accurate inventory of the computer software and hardware which belong to the district.
- Helping in the development and implementation of a district process for evaluation of courseware, software, hardware etc.
- Disseminating technology-related data throughout that district through news bulletins, presentations etc.
- Working on the community relations by communicating with parents and professional groups.
- Encouraging the development of district hiring policy and its implementation.
- Helping the district in the process of obtaining external funding through the participation in grant planning.
- Assisting the technical support staff in the task of managing tickets needed for meeting helpdesk service.
- Assist the project team in the planning and implementation of the special projects.
- Responding to the client requests in accurate and timely manner.
IT Coordinator Education, Training and Qualifications
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology is absolutely imperative but along with this degree, a diploma in teaching is also vital in order to develop the teaching and coordination skills.
IT Coordinator Degrees, Courses & Certification
These professionals need to possess certifications in order to function in this field and such courses can vary from anything from educational technology to aspects related to Information Technology.
IT Coordinator Skills and Specifications
- Great amount of perseverance
- Excellent interpersonal relations
- Excellent amount of knowledge of software applications
- High work ethics
- Ability to work under stress
- Great analytical skills and administrative skills
- Critical thinking abilities and great coordination skills
IT Coordinator Salary/Wage
The salary of an IT coordinator is about $85,000 annually. This salary can greatly vary depending on the experience of the professional and the size of the IT firm where he/ she is working.