Horticulture Worker Job Profile and Description
Horticulture is a branch of science, which deals with the breeding of ornamental plants. In a horticulture facility, they breed ornamental plants and people buy sapling from them. The job of a horticulture worker is to breed ornamental plants and take care of the sapling, till those are sold.
Horticulture Worker Duties and Responsibilities
- A horticulture worker has to take all round care of the plants present in the facility; from the very beginning that is from sowing seed to keep those strong and healthy.
- The duties of a horticulture worker include sowing seeds, water the seeds, make the environment conducive so that the seeds can germinate so on.
- The duties of a horticulture worker also include feeding the plants with fertilizer and hormones and keep them safe from insects by using the insecticides.
Horticulture Worker Skills and Specifications
- A horticulture worker should have knowledge about growing plants, especially ornamental plants.
- He or she should have knowledge about organic breeding and inorganic breeding about plants.
- He or she should be well-versed about the latest farming technologies and equipments.
Horticulture Worker Education and qualification
- If you do not possess any kind of educational qualification, then you can apply for a horticulture worker job as education does not hold the key to this particular job.
- However, if you have any kind of educational qualification, especially anything particularly in horticulture then you would get preference for a horticulture worker job.
Horticulture Worker Job Salary
- The salary of this job varies person to person and horticulture farm to horticulture farm.
- The skills and past experience of a person mostly determines his or her salary.
- The salary of a horticulture worker comes in a range of $500 – $1500 on monthly basis.