Health Services Aide Job Description and Profile
Under immediate supervision, the job of a health services aide entails providing assistance to a professional staff in giving medical or health care or any other public health services in areas such as clinics and outreach visits. The Health Services Aide performs other related tasks and duties that might be required of him.
Duties and Specifications
- Interviews patients in order to gather medical history information for review of doctor.
- Records information and other pertinent data on various forms.
- Prepares simple documentation in medical and health records and various reports.
- Fixes appointments as well as follow ups for patients and clients.
- Gives instructions to patients in health and medical care, following instructions of doctors.
- Sets up and fixes examining room for health and medical procedures and prepares clients for examination.
- Takes oral and rectal temperatures, heights, weights, blood pressures, and radial pulses.
- Collects specimens such as stool and urine and prepares such specimens for the laboratory for testing and doctor review.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to understand the requirements as well as problems that face economically, socially, and culturally disadvantaged individuals.
- Must be able to establish good and harmonious relationship with individuals belonging to long range of social groups.
- Be able to learn the various types of departmental services meant for health treatment and other related issues.
- Must effectively communicate verbally and in written forms.
- Be able to maintain full confidentiality of the client information.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Must be able to work in full cooperation as member of health service delivery unit.
Education and Qualifications
- Candidate must possess combination of education, experience and training that provides the necessary abilities.
- Experience in a human service or health care setting is desirable.