Health Education Assistant Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, the job of Health Education Assistant is a paraprofessional class type which entails assisting staff in conducting regular nutrition education classes and meetings for women and other program participants. He applies the basic health and nutrition concepts to conduct routine group nutritional education classes as well as demonstrations. He performs other related functions and duties when he is required.
Duties and Specifications
- Conducts group education demonstrations and classes at clinic sites on topics of health and nutrition like dental health and healthy snacks.
- Assists professional staff members in every program orientation meetings and classes.
- Explains rules and regulations on WIC, responsibilities and rights of participants and usage of program vouchers.
- Ensures participants understand full concepts of nutrition and health information with the initiation of discussions and answering of questions.
- Distributes informational brochures and materials to participants.
- Assists staff members in the preparation of educational materials, operation of audiovisual aids and displaying of informational material on various bulletin boards.
- Determines eligibility of participants by obtaining his nutrition and diet information.
- Obtains measurements of participants whenever necessary.
- Enters participant’s health information into the computer system.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to learn the WIC regulations and rules.
- Able to make lead discussions and group presentations.
- Must interpret and explain existing regulations and rules.
- Skilled in health education methods and techniques.
- Effectively communicate and disseminate program information to a great number of people.
- Must know how to document status of clients.
- Must be able to maintain harmonious work relationships with supervisors, co-employees and the general public
- Be able to learn human behavior and group dynamics.
- Must maintain and keep client confidentiality.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Science course.
- 2 years of clerical experience in any recognized community health program requiring public contact providing basic type of health or nutrition information to patients and providing explanation of program regulations and rules.
- Possession of State Driver’s License (Class C).
Vocational Education Teacher Job Description
Physical Education Teacher Job Description
Psychology Teacher Job Description
Information Technology Teacher Job Description
High School Coach Job Description
History Professor Job Description
Kindergarten Teacher Job Description
Music Teacher Job Description
English Speech Instructor Job Description
Drawing Teacher Job Description
Engineering Professor Teacher Job Description
Economics Professor Teacher Job Description