Health Care Practitioner Job Description and Profile
Under strict supervision of a physician, the job of a health care practitioner entails performing examinations as well as evaluation of health of patients. The Health Care Practitioner works for the care and treatment of patients. He performs therapeutic and diagnostic tasks that work towards licensure. Likewise, he performs related tasks and duties when required as such primary works in clinics and other health institutions although he can likewise be assigned to specialty fields.
Duties and Specifications
- Gets complete and detailed medical histories of patients.
- Performs physical exam, records important medical data, and forms evaluations.
- Identifies various abnormalities and creates medical treatment plans or refers for further diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
- Instructs and advices patients and families on matters concerning their physical and mental health.
- Properly interprets lab tests under a doctor’s full supervision.
- Identifies those patients requiring immediate doctor’s attention.
- Performs regular laboratory and screening methods and techniques.
- Assists doctors in giving appropriate service to those who require continuing medical care.
- Provides prompt and appropriate technical direction to the nursing staff of the treatment unit.
- Performs immediate emergency medical attention and treatment.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to identify abnormal types of health conditions.
- Be able to collect detailed and complete medical histories.
- Effectively communicate with doctors, patients, and health professionals.
- Must be able to follow established protocols and procedures.
- Be able to evaluate different types of situations requiring immediate attention of a health professional.
- Be able to create maintain health plans for the control of health conditions.
- Must be able to interview and counsel various patients on matters of health care.
Education and Qualifications
- Possession of license as Physician Assistant issued by Medical Quality Assurance Board; or,
- Possession of a valid license for Nurses and Certificate for Nurse Practitioner.
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License (Class C).
Admitting Interviewer Job Description
Dispensing Optician Job Description
Dietary Aide Job Description
Dietitian Job Description
Dental Assistant Job Description
Cosmetic Surgeon Job Description
Child Life Specialist Job Description
Cardiovascular Technologist Job Description
Cardiovascular Technician Job Description
Body Therapist Job Description
Aroma Therapist Job Description
Allergist Job Description