The health administration job is concerned with managing medical and health services and involves different posts like health care executives, medical supervisor etc. The purpose of this job is to take charge of a particular department or facility and ensure its proper functioning. The individual handling such a job must not only focus on the integration of quality health care but ensure that all health care systems, technological development and new structures of management are being implemented within the facility. He or she is also responsible for ensuring the latest preventive cares are at hand. This job mainly deals with the health administrator making certain that the medical facility is updated and efficient according to the consistent changes.
Health Administration Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of those in health administration are:
- Managing and supervising an entire hospital, department or facility in terms of the business transactions and operations.
- Hiring and supervising staff as well as ensuring that all employees are positioned according to their specialization so that there is no margin for error.
- All news and updates regarding new medical technology as well medication is to be kept by a health administrator. The subsequent incorporation must also be followed.
- He or she is also responsible for controlling finances and other monetary transactions within the facility.
- Medical supply ordering, training and personnel oversight are all part and parcel of this job.
Health Administration Skills and Specifications:
- He or she must be adept at handling different business situations and construct strategies accordingly.
- He should have good inter-personal skills as he is responsible for supervising and hiring a large number of the medical staff
- He should be updated with the latest market trends and initiate plan of action within the medical facility if required.
- He should be an expert at handling budgeting and accounting at a large scale.
- He should be able to handle any legal issues that might come up while handling certain medical cases.
Health Administration Education and Qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in health care administration
- A master’s degree in health care administration
- Experience in both entry-level and high level administration of a medical facility.
Health Administration Salary:
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual income for those in health administration is $80,240. The average income for those in middle level employment is $62,800.