Grading Inspector Job Description and Profile
Under immediate supervision, the job of a Grading Inspector entails learning and assisting in grading inspection, processing permits and reviewing of drainage and grading plans. Grading Inspector performs other duties that might be required. He likewise receives training under close supervision in order to be given a chance to progress to a higher level of position.
Duties and Specifications
- Reads various specifications and plans to ensure total compliance of codes during inspections and plan checks.
- Assists all applicants in the completion of applications in grading permits.
- Answers all queries on grading code requirements either personally at the counter and the telephone.
- Computes all the fees and costs for grading permits.
- Creates and keeps records of fees and permits.
- Conducts various inspections of simple drainage and grading projects.
- Learns to respond promptly to various complaints on grading violations.
- Prepares evidences and documentation for cases that are related to grading violations.
- Conduct grading projects in a timely manner.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to efficiently read and interpret drainage and grading specifications and plans.
- Able to learn ordinances and codes on grading and interpret specific application.
- Must learn to communicate and coordinate with the public to secure full cooperation as well as maintain harmonious work relationships.
- Be able to communicate technical data and information in an efficient manner.
- Must know how to represent his department with diplomacy and tact.
- Be able to make appropriate decisions within appropriate guidelines.
- Must know how to utilize a computer and other related software programs.
Education and Qualifications
- One year of experience in grading and/or excavation that would provide knowledge of the basic principles of soil mechanics and geology as applied to grading; or,
- Possession of State Driver’s License (Class C)