Food Marketing Manager Job Profile and Description
The world of food marketing is all about selling of food items to different companies, distributors, manufacturers, vendors etc. Therefore, it requires the aid of a Food Marketing Manager for bringing both the consumer and the producer together. They are also responsible for forming the timing, level and composition of the demand of the consumer for the product that the company is manufacturing.
Food Marketing Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Carrying out consciousness about the marketing strategies amongst the staff and deciding on the promoting item and the target group.
- Carrying out a variety of activities needed for promoting of different products and events like cookery sessions, nutrition based seminar etc.
- Researching and finding out the marketing opportunities.
- Evaluating marketing strategies by utilizing the sales data of the targeted food items.
- Carrying out different surveys and learning about the purchasing habits of the customers.
- Assessing the data and analyzing it regularly.
- Participating in the development of the pricing strategies for the growth of profit.
- Ensuring that the services of the company is good enough to the benefit the customers and meet their demands.
Food Marketing Manager Skills and Specifications
- Possess superior quality of knowledge of the food items.
- Ability to speak and deal with the consumers, suppliers and distributors properly.
- Capability of facing challenges and attracting more customers.
- Ability to handle seminars, campaigns and workshops.
- Good advertising skills.
- Ability to understand the psychology of the customers,
Food Marketing Manager Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in food marketing or from any recognized college or university.
- Idea about different aspects of cookery, food items etc through courses like catering or food service management would be an added advantage.
Food Marketing Manager Salary
The average salary of the food marketing manager is $50,000. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the organization they work for and the experience of the professional.