Finance Underwriter Job Profile and Description
A finance underwriter performs the job of maintaining the legal standards of a financial firm or the finance department of a certain company. The company policies and their proper execution are looked upon by an underwriter.
A finance underwriter needs to have thorough knowledge of the technical issues related to the financial operations and needs to manage them effectively. The finance underwriter basically functions as a support system for financial activities of a firm by keeping an overall view of all the procedures and finance strategies being executed by the respective company.
Finance Underwriter Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities required to be handled by a finance underwriter include:
- A finance underwriter must be able to effectively report for the finance and accounting policies, insurance claims, shares and stock rates, profits garnered form a particular sale, and such other issues that directly influence the financial status of the respective company.
- The finance underwriter may have job responsibilities for the entire company [especially in case of small-scale companies] or manage a specific department [for large multinational companies] – for both of which the person needs to have complete focus and thorough knowledge of the underlying aspects.
- A finance underwriter must approve of the documentation and company finance presentations.
- It is the job of a finance underwriter to ensure proper execution of the finance strategies and plans designed for either client satisfaction or company profits.
- The finance underwriter particularly keeps tab of all investments involving clients, shareholders, creditors, and/or partners in the business. The investors are clearly and correctly recorded for.
- The final reports to be submitted by finance underwriters must be authentic.
Finance Underwriter Skills and Specifications
The desirable skills and specifications of a finance underwriter include:
- Sound knowledge of the financial aspects and excellent analytical skills
- Technical knowhow
- Interpersonal skills
Finance Underwriter Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements of a finance underwriter include:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business studies or Finance, Accounting, and related areas of study
- Certification and licensure by State registered bodies of the U.S, acquired on completion of particular finance underwriter courses.
- A Master’s or doctoral degree in some specific field of financing can help candidates hold an upper-hand at job prospects in this field.
Finance Underwriter Salary
The average salary of a finance underwriter ranges between $65,000 and $1, 30,000 annually.