Finance Data Analyst Job Profile and Description
A finance data analyst maintains a high job profile in today’s world of finance and business. The major part of corporate operations is contained of data and the responsibility for analyzing finance data is given to finance data analysts.
The individual who is responsible for finance data analysis needs to contain thorough knowledge of the area of finance and related aspects and a clear understanding of the key terms and terminologies involved. The parameters for analyzing finance data must not only be known but should also be clear to a finance data analyst such that he/she can exercise them under real-life situations.
Finance Data Analyst Duties and Responsibilities
The basic and important duties and responsibilities to be handled by finance data analysts include:
- The major responsibility of a finance data analyst is the study and interpretation of data related to finance and business strategies of the particular company.
- The documentation of all financial aspects must be authenticated by the finance data analyst.
- The finance data analyst must ensure complete records of each and every policy planned and/or executed by the company regarding financial aspects.
- It is the job of a finance data analyst to clearly state the objectives of financial strategies and assure all data designed to achieve financial targets satisfy the pre-determined grounds.
- The data presented before a finance data analyst must be examined thoroughly, thereby ensuring complete abiding to the State laws to which the finance departments of U.S are subjected.
- A finance data analyst must necessarily examine the records and reports and approve of the data content prior to final official presentation.
Finance Data Analyst Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required to be possessed by a finance data analyst include:
- Analytical skills with thorough knowledge of financing aspects
- Communication skills and leadership qualities
- Knowledge of finance and ability to implement the ideas at practical fields of work
Finance Data Analyst Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements of a finance data analyst include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related areas of study
- An associate’s degree in accounting is required to qualify as a finance data analyst
- Master’s degree in specific fields of finance studies is required and demanded for by most employers
Finance Data Analyst Salary
A finance data analyst earns an annual salary of $65,000 – $1,20,000, with various individuals falling in various salary section depending on their expertise and professional excellence, education, knowledge, and practical abilities, company nature and profits, job responsibilities and position held, experience, etc.