Educational Consultant Job Description and Profile
The duty of an Education Consultant is to guide the school officials on matters related to accomplishment of the state and federal policies and procedures. This professional also has to carry out research into the areas like that of education techniques and methods. The field of work might be vast for the person might carry out work anywhere from a local school to a national school or even work as an autonomous consultant. He has to participate in conferences and workshops for supporting the intellectual, physical and social welfare of students.
Educational Consultant Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and managing the educational policies for some particular subject or for the entire grade level.
- Developing programs for the teacher’s in-service education.
- Discussing with the state, federal and locally based school officials for the expanding of curriculum and setting up of the guidelines for the educational programs.
- Conferring with both the lay and professional groups for the purpose of circulating and receiving inputs on the education methods.
- Reviewing and evaluating the collection of courses for using in schools and assisting them in revision to meet the local needs.
- Interpreting and implementing different provisions of the state education rules and regulations related to State Board of Education.
- Conducting and participating in the committees, workshops and conferences in order to promote the intellectual, physical and social wellbeing of students.
- Studying and preparing the recommendations on teaching aids, instructional items, and other associated equipments.
Educational Consultant Education, Training and Qualifications
A bachelor’s degree in business administration, education, communication or any related field is necessary but then master’s degree in education is preferred. This professional should have 5-7 years of experience in the field of education.
Educational Consultant Job Degrees, Courses & Certification
There are a number of certification courses available in this field which needs to be done in order to fare well in professional life. The job prospects for this professional are in demand. Since there is an invariable need always for the educational consultants in education field, private sectors, and for autonomous consultation, a person with good expertise can secure a job in this sector.
Educational Consultant Job Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication skills
- Good presentation and critically thinking skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to advise people correctly on different important issues
- Good leadership and organizational abilities
- Strong presence and multitasking skills
Educational Consultant Job Salary/Wage
The salary of an educational consultant is something around $ $87,000 per annum. However, the salary might vary depending on the experience, expertise and the area of work to which the professional is associated with.