EDP Network Supervisor Job Description and Profile
Under general supervision, the job of the EDP Network Supervisor entails planning, scheduling, organizing and directing all network as well as data communications activities of the Network section. The EDP network supervisor leads network technicians in the installation, monitoring, operation and troubleshooting of software and hardware data communications devices. He gives departmental support involving network communication projects and performs related tasks when required.
Duties and Specifications
- Directs and schedules all tasks involving the installation and troubleshooting of equipment that are performed by network staff.
- Reviews trouble tickets and other types of problem reports to prioritize staff.
- Orders all devices and supplies to be used for support network projects.
- Leads all projects and provides technical direction to ensure prompt and efficient completion of existing projects by the clear definition of task scope and lists.
- Providing guidance in design as well as in test and implementation plans.
- Monitors EDP network performance, history, capacity and problems.
- Prepares documents and reports on areas of EDP network operation.
- Prepares inventory, utilization and financial accounting reports.
- Directs product research and provides ample support to evaluation and technology projects.
- Provides necessary operational and technical support in concerned areas.
Skills and Specifications
- Able to plan and prioritize assignments and tasks and coordinate current installations.
- Be able to direct and supervise his unit staff.
- Assess and evaluate network problems to determine possible solutions.
- Form operational procedures.
- Must be able to determine training requirements and regularly schedule staff training.
- Must efficiently analyze performance information and data in preparation of reports.
- Be able to establish effective work relationships with communications carriers, vendors and users.
- Must keep current with the latest data communications trends.
Education and Qualifications
- Possess college degree in Computer related courses.
- 4 years of solid experience in communications support or computer network of data networks which includes creation and operation of network with WAN connectivity, routers, hubs and management systems, or; .
- 2 years of experience as EDP Network Technician.