Editor-in-Chief Job Profile and Description
Almost every type of publication needs people to oversee the entire working process that would include everything from developing stories to sending the work to press. The professional, who look after this work, is known as the Editor-in-Chief. However, such a professional is popular by different names in different organizations but generally; the function of these professionals is similar in most cases.
Editor-in-Chief Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting as a leader of the team of editors, photographers and writers with the aim of upholding the general standards of good journalism.
- Overseeing all the duties of assistant editor and delegating the duties to the assistant editors.
- Working closely with the staff, educating and monitoring each one of them in order to improve the performance of the team.
- Planning the content of the magazine, newspaper, or any other type of publications.
- Deciding the type of articles which needs to be included in the publication, and assigning the photographers and writers.
- Developing exclusive story ideas in order to make the publication look unique and great.
- Reviewing materials, which are submitted by the writers, and recommending the points of improvement, which can be anything from minor to major changes.
Editor-in-Chief Skills and Specifications
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Innovative and creative bent of mind.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to work under stress and within deadlines.
- Excellent sense of grammar and style.
- Basic computer skills.
Editor-in-Chief Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or any other subject in a liberal’s art field from an accredited institution.
- Gaining experience in writing, reporting and editing during internship before joining a company is vital.
The median salary of an Editor-in-Chief is something around $43,620. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the organization they work for and the experience of the professional.
Fashion Marketing Manager Job Description
Food Marketing Manager Job Description
Market Research Analysts Job Description
Market Research Manager Job Description
Marketing Associate Job Description
Senior Manager Digital Marketing Job Description
Marketing Operations Strategist Job Description
Marketing Communications Coordinator Job Description
Market Planning Director Job Description
Trade Marketing Job Description
Consumer Market Researcher Job Description
VP – Marketing and Sales Job Description