Departmental Fiscal Manager Job Description and Profile
Under administrative direction, the job of Departmental Fiscal Manager entails directing and administering fiscal programs in a department. The Departmental Fiscal Manager exercises overall control on the operational budget and other financial aspects of the department. He likewise performs related tasks and duties as required.
Duties and Specifications
- Plans, administers and implements various fiscal programs within the department like billing, accounting, credit, purchasing, contracts, grants and collections.
- Oversees preparation and monitors the budget of the department to ensure conformance with expectations when it comes to expenditure and revenue plans.
- Coordinates and works with the office of the auditor in preparing the financial audits, cost allocation and statements plans.
- Directs the creation of budget and other related reports.
- Acts as effective liaison between his department and various federal and state agencies.
- Develops fiscal procedures and programs necessary to qualify for various state and federal revenues.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be able to plan and prioritize related work.
- Must know how to prepare budgets.
- Able to prepare and create a variety of documents such as procedures and policies, contracts, grant proposals and other various types of fiscal reports.
- Must gather and examine data, form conclusions and create the best decisions as well as recommendations.
- Must have the skill to properly supervise staff members.
- Be able to establish harmonious work relationships with other employees.
- Must know how to make effective public presentations.
- Be able to learn operations and exercise proper judgment especially when it comes to sensitive situations.
Educations and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 4 years of solid professional experience in the field of accounting; which includes 2 years of responsibility for heading professional fiscal and accounting staff members
- Possesses valid State Driver’s License (Class C) is required.