Dairy Herdsman Job Profile and Description
A dairy herdsman have to be responsible for all the herds of animal, this is also the terms which usually refers with someone who used to work with the daily maintenance, breeding of the beef and dairy cattle and also look for their health issues. He has to be fully prepared to take care of 100 or more cows in just one time.
Dairy Herdsman Duties and Responsibilities
- In the responsibilities of a dairy herdsman, milking, watering a cattle two times a day and feeding a cattle, they have to check the daily upkeep of all the automated machines, which are involved in their care.
- A dairy herdsman knows how to treat a diseased cow and he always assist the veterinarians whenever they examine the cows, he should have a desire to lower the mortality rate of the cattle.
Dairy Herdsman Skills and Specifications
- They have to be very skillful in this field, because they have to know the art of controlling so much of the cattle in just one time and controlling such, number of cows has to done with correct skills.
- Herdsman has to know all the personality quirks also the idiosyncrasies of all the cattle, under the care of the herdsman, and the quality of the milk which individual cow in producing.
Dairy Herdsman Education and Qualification
- For a dairy herdsman college education is just like an asset for this job, but at the same time, it is not mandatory.
- He must detail oriented, responsible and at the same time flexible too, they at least have five-year experience in this field and knows different things about it too.
Dairy Herdsman Job Salary
- The salaries of herdsman can depend upon their responsibilities, number of cattle and experience, the average salaries are $25,000 and it can go up to $35,000 per year.