Criminal Lawyer Job Profile and Description
Criminal law is one of the many specializations in the law field. Criminal lawyers are one of the most popular types of lawyers whom we find in the profession of law and they represent those people who are accused of some type of criminal offence. The duty of this type of professional is to stress on the legal rights of the accused thereby trying to remove the complaints made against him. They can work independently as private attorneys or can even represent some association or the state. These professionals can also work for the nonprofit organizations.
Criminal Lawyer Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing strategies and scrutinizing the findings.
- Researching and gathering of information in order to establish a case.
- Participating in legal analysis, plea bearing, memorandum and trials.
- Advising the clients, interpreting the rules, determining the possible results by studying the legal precedents.
- Keeping abreast of the statues and ordinances pertaining to different cases.
- Preparing and drafting the legal documents thereby acting as the agent of the client.
- Studying out the information gathered by the witnesses, police, detectives which stand against the accused in order to prepare the case properly.
Criminal Lawyer Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge about the rules of criminal law.
- Ability to get the truth from the witnesses.
- Ability to advice and counsel people efficiently
- Ability to negotiate and strong grasp over oratory methods
- High observational and memorization skills
Criminal Lawyer Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree from a reputed law school along with courses like history, political science, economics, and social science is highly essential.
- Previous practice experience under the senior lawyers in the criminal law related cases would be an added advantage.
Criminal Lawyer Salary
The median remuneration for the criminal lawyers is $95,195 per annum. However, their income would greatly vary depending on the nature of the criminal case they take up and the experience of the lawyer.