He needs to ensure that the work is done within the set timeframe and also as per the budget defined by the client. He is also required to ensure that good quality products are used in the construction and appropriate safety measures are taken on the construction site in order to avoid any kind of accidents.
Construction Superintendent Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a construction superintendent include:
- Construction Superintendent is required to give instructions to the construction team to carry out the various construction activities efficiently.
- Construction Superintendent needs to schedule construction work in a way that it is completed well in time.
- Construction Superintendent is required to ensure that the construction team report to the office/ construction site on time.
- Construction Superintendent is required to assess the work done by the construction team and give them feedback on their performance.
- Construction Superintendent is required to prepare construction strategies consulting the construction management.
- Construction Superintendent is required to see to it that the material is ordered on time.
- Construction Superintendent needs to ensure that only good quality construction material is used.
- Construction Superintendent is required to ensure that the work is done as per the budget set by the client.
- Construction Superintendent needs to stay updated with the latest information about the construction industry
- Construction Superintendent is required to maintain cordial relations with the clients, suppliers and the construction staff.
Construction Superintendent Skills and Specifications
Construction Superintendent requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Construction Superintendent should have complete knowledge about the construction tools and equipments.
- Construction Superintendent should be skilled enough in handling multiple projects at the same time.
- Construction Superintendent should possess good managerial skills and leadership qualities.
Construction Superintendent Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a construction superintendent are as follows:
- A high school diploma
- Degree in Construction Management
- A number of years of experience in the construction field at supervisory level
Construction Superintendent Salary
The average annual salary of a construction superintendent is around $ 65,000. The salary may differ based on a person’s experience, the organization he is employed at and also the city he is based in.