It is essential to have complete knowledge about the various tools and equipments that are used in the construction process and also about the construction material and other information related to various construction activities in order to handle this position well.
Construction Project Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of a Construction Project Manager include:
- Construction Project Manager is required to handle the entire construction project.
- Construction Project Manager needs to conduct meetings with the clients in order to understand their requirements.
- Construction Project Manager is required to assign various construction tasks to different staff members.
- Construction Project Manager is required to plan various construction activities.
- Construction Project Manager is required to spread the various construction tasks appropriately over the given period of time so that the work is completed within the stipulated time.
- Construction Project Manager needs to review the work done by the project team from time to time and give them instructions of making any changes if required.
- Construction Project Manager needs to prepare various reports related to the construction project.
- Construction Project Manager is required to stay in constant touch with the clients in order to keep them updated about the ongoing construction work and take their approval on various things from time to time.
Construction Project Manager Skills and Specifications
Construction Project Manager requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Construction project manager is required to have complete knowledge about the construction material as he needs to ensure that the material used is of good quality.
- Construction project manager needs to have good managerial skills in order to manage the project efficiently.
- Construction Project Manager should be good at coordinating with different professionals.
Construction Project Manager Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a construction project manager are as follows:
- A bachelor’s degree in construction science or construction management
- A master’s degree in construction management
- He should have a good amount of working in the construction field and also some experience of working at a supervisory level.
- Should be experienced in handling construction projects
Construction Project Manager Salary
A construction project manager may earn an average annual salary of $ 81,000. The salary may vary depending upon his experience, the city he/ she is employed in and also on the organization.