One needs to acquire a degree in construction management and have a good amount of experience in this field in order to become a Construction Office Manager. It is essential for a person to have good managerial skills in order to perform the duties of a construction office manager efficiently.
Construction Office Manager Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities that a construction office manager is required to handle. These are as follows:
- Construction Office Manager needs to deal with the clients and bring in business for the company.
- Construction Office Manager needs to discuss the client’s proposal and negotiate deals with him.
- Construction Office Manager needs to plan various construction activities after going though the details of the construction project.
- Construction Office Manager is required to assign tasks to different members of the construction team as per their ability and skill.
- Construction Office Manager needs to give instructions to the construction staff on carrying out various construction tasks.
- Construction Office Manager needs to evaluate the work done by the construction team and provide them feedback on the same.
- Construction Office Manager needs to visit the construction site often to ensure that the work runs smoothly.
- Construction management needs to plan various construction strategies to get maximum output.
Construction Office Manager Skills and Specifications
Construction Office Manager requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Construction Office Manager is required to have good communication skills.
- Construction Office Manager should have the ability to coordinate with different departments within the organization as well as with the clients.
- Construction Office Manager should stay updated with the knowledge about the construction industry
Construction Office Manager Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a construction office manager are as follows:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Building Science
- A Master’s degree in Construction Management
- A good amount of experience in the construction field
- Experience at supervisory level
Construction Office Manager Salary
A construction office manager has an average annual salary of $ 82,000. However, the salary may vary depending upon the city he/ she is employed in and also on the organization.