Compliance Manager Job Description and Profile
The government has laid down rules and regulations for the functioning of every industry. These regulations vary from one industry to another based on the working procedures of the company. A compliance manager is the person ensures that the industry follows or complies with all the state and federal rules and regulations. Compliance officers are usually employed by government offices in order to check the operations of various industries. He submits inspection reports to government agencies. In case he is employed by companies, then he meets with the executives to take corrective measures. They are usually required to work in industries where high compliance standards are required, some examples being chemical factories, pharmaceutical industries and nuclear plants, to mane a few.
Compliance Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the federal rule and regulations levied for the operations of a particular industry
- Studying the working procedures of the industry and verifying whether they meet federal and state standards
- Writing reports about the inspections and submitting to relevant bodies
- Keeping in regular touch with laws that are newly implemented by the federal and state governance bodies
- Providing guidance to companies regarding rule and regulations and how best to implement them
- Performing auditing duties in the industry
- Providing counseling about regulated working procedures
Compliance Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
The job of a compliance manager is a field specific job. The applicant for the job has to have a four years college degree in the relevant field of work. Experience is very essential in maintaining federal standards. A strong knowledge about the laws and regulations of a particular industry is a major required qualification.
Compliance Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Four year bachelor’s degree in the relevant field is essential. An additional course in laws of the industry is required since the applicant has to have a very strong knowledge about the legal aspects of the job. ABA certification is necessary for the job.
Compliance Manager Skills and Specifications
- Strong knowledge about rules and regulations pertaining to the industry of work
- Excellent observation and analytical skills
- Good analysis skills
- Ability to keep in touch with new rules and regulations
- Must be very honest and work with a high level of integrity
- Must have a high level of precision in work
- Must maintain good interpersonal relationships with industries and government bodies
Compliance Manager‘s Salary/Wage
The salary of a compliance manager can range between $60,000 and $90,000 per annum.