Commercial Finance Manager Job Description and Profile
Commercial finance manager is the person who manages various financial issues related to commerce activities such as buying and selling of goods, purchasing raw material and other resources required and cost incurred in transportation. They oversee day to day business transactions involving all commerce related activities.
Commercial Finance Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeping track of the daily financial transactions related to commerce
- Taking part in planning projects and provides inputs of financial considerations
- Ensure precise documentation of all information related to commercial finance activities
- Ensuring that there are no discrepancies in balance sheets on a daily basis as well as yearly budget
- Playing an active role in finance planning
- Lead the financial team dealing with day to day commercial finance of the company
- Allot responsibilities to staff and ensure high performance
- Involving in recruitment of new financial staff
- Planning financed for new ventures and conducting feasibility studies
- Preparing project reports for new ventures
- Analyzing the financial activities of the company and formulating ways to make it more cost effective
- Making presentations of company fiscal performance in stakeholders’ meet
- Working with different departments in the company to evaluate budget scenario
- Keeping track of the latest developments in software applications for financial and project management and apply in the company
Commercial Finance Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
A commercial finance manager should be educated in finance and administration since both are an important part of the job. At least 8 to 10 years of experience is required to in finance, account and management sector.
Commercial Finance Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Bachelor’s degree in administration with finance as a major subject is the basic requirement. However, master’s degree in the same (MBA) is the most preferred degree. Master’s degree in finance and commerce is also a very useful degree for the job. The application must have studied in a recognized and accredited institute.
Commercial Finance Manager Skills and Specifications
- Must have excellent knowledge about all finance matters
- Ability to foresee the requirements and operations of the company and plan budget accordingly
- Excellent communication skills
- A very sharp eye for detail in order to analyze financial reports
- A strong knowledge about the procedures involved in commerce activities
- Excellent observation and analysis skills
- Good leadership qualities
- Ability to use computer and information technology for efficient output
- Good foresight and planning skills
Commercial Finance Manager‘s Salary/Wage
Salary can range anywhere between $60,000 and $156,000 based on company of work, education and experience.