Veterinary Technician Job Profile and Description
A veterinary technician is an individual who is responsible for carrying out clinical work under the direction of a licensed veterinarian. They have to perform numerous medical tests and diagnose the medical conditions of animals in order to detect the disease. They may have to perform tests in laboratory for blood count and urine analysis. It is the duty of a veterinary technician to take blood samples and prepare tissue samples. They need to be aware about all the medical equipments used in the veterinary clinic. They have to check whether the medical equipments are in proper working conditions and prepare them for the treatment conducted by the veterinarian. They must have knowledge about usage of diagnostics equipments and tests tubes. They assist the veterinarian in the treatment process of an animal.
Veterinary Technician Duties and Responsibilities
There are numerous duties and responsibilities required to be carried out by a veterinary technician. They are as follows:
- Assisting the veterinarian in performing health care duties on animals
- Administering the injection to be given to an animal
- Applying dressings on wound and handing over surgery equipments and materials to the veterinarian during the surgical procedure
- Performing laboratory tests like blood count and urine analysis
- May have to assist veterinarians in inseminating animals
- Have to prepare an animal before treatment
- Ensuring that the equipments are in proper working order
- Assisting in preparing prescriptions and dispensing medication refills
- Sometimes discussing the condition of a pet with its owner
- Providing training to new personnel recruited in the clinic
- Holding and restraining animals during examination process
- Taking signals of the animals under supervision of the veterinarian
Veterinary Technician Skills and Specifications
The skills and specifications required in order to work as a veterinary technician are as follows:
- Must be patient in nature
- Needs to be caring in animals
- Must possess the ability to handle animals
- Should always be alert
- Necessary to have good communication skills
- Must have excellent coordination skills
- Needs to have willingness to learn
Veterinary Technician Education and Qualification
The educational requirement and qualification required to work a veterinary technician are:
- Must undergo a 2 or a 4 year degree in veterinary technology
- License to practice
Veterinary Technician Salary
The average annual salary of a veterinary technician is $30000.
Technical Writer is required to prepare content on the use of various technical equipments. He needs to write for websites providing online assistance on installing, uninstalling, upgrading different applications and systems. Technical writers are also employed for writing for magazines, newspapers, etc.
There are a number of other tasks that a technical writer is required to handle during the course of writing; these include conducting research for writing the material, coordinating with technical professionals to gather technical information, speaking to the client to know his requirement, etc. It is essential to have good writing skills as well as sound technical knowledge in order to become a technical writer. Undergoing a relevant writing course helps in handling the position more efficiently.
Technical Writer Duties and Responsibilities
There are a number of duties and responsibilities assigned to a Technical Writer. Few of these are as follows:
- Technical Writer is required to write technical documents.
- Technical Writer needs to write content on the use of different technical equipments, computer systems, operating systems, software applications, etc.
- Technical Writer is required to review the already written technical documents and make changes in them if required.
- Technical Writer needs to stay updated with the information related to technical advancements.
- Technical Writer needs to make changes in the existing technical documents to update these as per the latest technical information.
- Technical Writer needs to conduct extensive research before writing the content.
- Technical Writer may be required to speak to the technical team in order to understand various technical aspects before writing about certain technical subjects.
- Technical Writer is required to get in touch with the clients in order to understand the kind of content they require.
- Technical Writer needs to adhere to the deadlines given by the clients and ensure good quality content.
Technical Writer Skills and Specifications
Technical Writer requires the below mentioned skills and specifications:
- Technical Writer should have excellent writing skills.
- Technical Writer must be efficient in reviewing and editing technical documents.
- Technical Writer should have good time management skills.
Technical Writer Education and Qualification
The education and qualification requirements for a Technical Writer are as follows:
- Degree in English/ Journalism
- Should have knowledge about various web based applications.
The average annual alary of a Technical Writer is $ 80,000. The salary of a technical writer may also vary depending upon his employer and the city he is based in. The work experience and qualification of a candidate also impacts his salary.