Finance Manager Job Description and Profile
The function of the Finance managers can hugely vary from one company to other but then they hold important position in the job sector. The general nature of this job is that of financial management of the company they work for and this would include every type of financial undertakings and dealings. In larger industries, these professionals carry out strategic analysis while in the smaller organizations these financial managers collect and prepare accounts. Financial managers are also known as the business analysts or financial analysts. This job has become a highly lucrative one in modern times.
Finance Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Offering and interpreting the financial gathered information.
- Monitoring and understanding money flows and forecasting future trends.
- Analyzing modifications and advising in accordance to it, formulating planned and long-standing business plans.
- Researching and working on the factors which influence business performance.
- Analyzing contestants and the market trends, developing fiscal management instruments which minimize monetary risk.
- Conducting evaluations and examining cost-reduction areas, managing financial accounting of a company and monitoring systems.
- Liaising with the auditors for ensuring the annual monitoring, producing correct financial reports within the stipulated deadline.
- Supervising staff and ensuring that they are functioning in the desired manner.
- Staying responsible for offering monetary advice and supporting clients in the job of taking good business decisions.
- Making budget-planning, future planning of long-term nature and ensuring that all financial plans are following the statutory regulations.
Finance Manager Education, Training and Qualifications
A Master’s degree in Finance or some business related field is highly essential as a Finance Manager. These professionals generally rise to the managerial post after attaining a good deal of knowledge in the field of Finance. A highly lucrative field, here professionals who have a diploma or degree in Business Administration along with the Finance degree are more preferred.
Finance Manager Degrees, Courses & Certification
Different types of courses on Finance management are available in the market which helps the professionals to earn proficiency in this field.
Finance Manager Skills and Specifications
- Good deal of knowledge about financial principles, facts and situation
- Good communicator and should possess multitasking abilities
- Ability to manage things efficiently
- Attention to details with excellent leadership qualities
- Ability to motivate a team
- Responsible and highly organized
- Ability to work incessantly without caring for stress
Finance Manager Salary/Wage
The salary of a Finance Manager is about $ 80,000 annually. Apart from the basic salary, these professionals enjoy a number of benefits which makes their job a highly lucrative one. Increase in expertise and experience help the professionals to rise to a higher position.