Philanthropist Profile and Description
Philanthropists are those who take part in activities that are designed for the benefit of the society and its people. Philanthropists make donations in the form of money or material goods to those who are in need. The activities or causes for which the philanthropists support may vary. He may donate for a college endowment in order to provide scholarships or may also donate to establish a charitable organization.
Philanthropist need not necessarily be a wealthy person; even the economic classes of the society can engage themselves in charity. Philanthropists enjoy many benefits like tax breaks, an increase of the status in the society and many more.
Philanthropist Duties and Responsibilities
The following are the duties and responsibilities of a Philanthropist:
- Actively raise money through fundraisers by partnering with other philanthropist or non-profit organizations.
- Seeks for charity events that he can take part, in order to provide his contributions.
- Chooses the causes that he feels to support strongly and can focus on.
- Consults with other philanthropists and presents the visions that he has developed a vision for; gather details about the time, finance and resources that they can provide to achieve his vision.
- Creates a well-defined plan and perform research and assessment to find out if any changes are required.
- Makes sure that he has enough capital in order to start and implement his plans and continues the work with the help of advisers.
Philanthropist Skills and Specifications
A Philanthropist is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Must be a creative thinker and expressive in conveying one’s vision or message.
- Ability to observe experiment and read a lot.
- Must be wise and contribute generously.
- Good at communicating with clarity.
- Must focus on quality and should be modest.
Philanthropist Education and Qualification
There are no specific education and qualification required to become a philanthropist. But one can become a philanthropist in the following ways:
- One can perform a research about the charities that are present locally or globally and determine the one which interests him.
- Plan and decide about what kind of donation one is willing to make. Donation can be money, time or material.
- Become an active member of the charity by continuing the service whenever possible.
A Philanthropist is expected to make $53,000 per annum. The salaries of the philanthropists can vary depending on the location and benefits.
Physical Chemist Job Profile and Description
A Physical Chemist is responsible to analyze, discover and understand the physical characteristics of material by performing various tests and experiments. A Physical Chemist develops theories based on the recordings on how each material reacts at different conditions.
Physical chemist works with sophisticated techniques and instruments like lasers, spectrometers and microscopes and spends a lot of their time analyzing the behavior of materials. He tries to make use of existing resources for various purposes instead of finding new resources. A physical chemist works mentally and physically in order to manipulate materials and operate lab instruments.
Physical Chemist Duties and Responsibilities
A Physical Chemist is required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform analysis of organic and inorganic materials and prepare technical reports on their behavior.
- Maintain the functioning of laboratory equipments and avoid malfunctions.
- Monitor and supervise engineers and other personnel who perform test procedures and research projects.
- Study the behavior of various materials and prepare reagents, test solutions to conduct research or tests.
- Analyze the physical properties of materials and develop new materials from existing ones.
- Analyze test results and determine the efficiency of equipments and check for malfunctions.
- Confers with engineers and other scientists to discuss test results and to customize products, equipments and develop new formulas and processes.
Physical Chemist Skills and Specifications
A Physical Chemist is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Sound skills in physics and math are important.
- Good understanding of thermodynamics, quantum physics, structure and kinetics is necessary.
- Strong desire to work with laboratory equipments and computers.
- Willingness to learn continuously and understanding of various materials and their reaction in various environmental conditions.
- Must be a critical thinker and must possess the good reasoning skills to find out the causes and solutions for problems.
Physical Chemist Education and Qualification
A Physical Chemist is required to possess the following education and qualification:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Physics.
- Master’s degree in Chemistry or Physics following which the candidate can obtain a doctoral degree.
- Fellowship programs can be completed by candidates who wish to work in faculty positions.
Physical Chemist Salary
The average income of a Physical Chemist is found to be $68,700 per annum and salary varies depending on the position of the chemist in the industry, years of experience and qualification. Physical chemists can find employment in industries that apply theories of molecular modeling and analytical chemistry.
Physical Therapist Job Profile and Description
Physical therapists take part in rehab programs by providing services that help in treating patients who are suffering from injuries or diseases. A physical therapist applies rehabilitation and exercise techniques in order to treat abnormalities or injuries. A physical therapist restores the normal bodily functions, helps in pain relieving, prevents or cures disabilities of patients and promotes the overall health of the patient. He analyses and evaluates the effects of the treatments that are provided by him at various stages and make sure that maximum benefits are achieved.
Physical Therapist Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are required to be performed by a physical therapist:
- Plan, prepare and carry out health programs to improve and maintain the physical functioning of the body.
- Educate patients and their family about physical therapy and about the ways to prevent injuries and improve health.
- Monitor patient’s conditions during and after treatment and provide instructions about continuing the treatment procedures at home.
- Administers physical exercises and massages done in order to relieve pain, increase strength or to reduce deformity.
- Record patient’s details, their treatment and responses to the treatments provided, into the database for future reference.
Physical Therapist Skills and Specifications
A Physical therapist is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Must possess active listening skills and must be able to pay attention to details.
- Ability to instruct and teach well is important.
- Must be able to interact with patients of all age groups and thus must possess good oral expression and comprehension skills along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time well.
- Knowledge about physical therapy tools and their usage.
- Knowledge about accounting software and medical software like biometrics and clinicient insight.
Physical Therapist Education and Qualification
A Physical Therapist is required to possess the following education and qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy.
- Master’s in Physical Therapy following which the candidate can earn a Doctor of Physical Therapy degree.
- License can be obtained after passing the National Physical Therapy Examination.
- Residency programs can be completed following graduation programs.
- Aspiring candidates can become specialists by obtaining certifications from the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
Physical Therapist Salary
The average income of a physical therapist is found to be $60,200 per annum and it varies depending on the qualification and experience of the therapists.
Health Coordinator Job Profile and Description
Health coordinators are responsible for providing supportive social services to people with certain illness. A health coordinator facilitates the occupational activities of health clinics and other health programs offered by the health care units. Health coordinator works in hospitals, surgical centers or in any health care unit. Health coordinator acts as a liaison between the patients and the doctors. He performs check up of the patients, identifies problems and also directs them to the doctors concerned with the patient’s illness.
Health Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
A health coordinator is required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performs health checkups and refers the patient to the concerned doctors.
- Analyses the records of the patient from the hospital or health care database and provides test-reports to the concerned doctors.
- Schedules appointments for patients and guides patients in understanding hospital procedures.
- Solves the concerns or complaints raised by the patient and also collects feedback from the patient regarding the services provided by the hospital and suggests changes to the management.
- Helps in the smooth functioning of the hospital by solving the queries of the doctors, nurses and patients related to administration of the hospital or health care unit.
Health Coordinator Skills and Specifications
A health coordinator is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Must be aware of the rules and regulations that are required to conduct health care programs.
- Must be able to handle pressure, good at multi-tasking and must have good planning and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interact with patients of all age groups and willingness to work at any department of the hospital or health care unit.
- Ability to understand the database system of the hospital.
- Good emotional stability and ability to guide patients on medical prescriptions that are provided by the doctors.
Health Coordinator Education and Qualification
A health coordinator is required to have the following education and qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in health education, social work, nursing or any related field.
- Certification can be obtained after passing an examination conducted by the National Association of Health Unit Coordinators.
- Relevant experience in health work can be an added advantage.
- Diploma holders are required to undergo training in hospital management for at least six months.
Health Coordinator Salary
A health coordinator is expected to earn around $56,000 per annum and the income varies depending on the geographic location where the health care coordinator finds his occupation, his qualification and the years of experience.
Dental Hygienist Job Profile and Description
Dental hygienists are responsible for assisting patients with dental procedures in order to promote oral hygiene among patients. A dental hygienist teaches his patients on how to remove deposits from teeth and about the ways to practice good oral hygiene. He makes use of his instruments to in order to clean the teeth and also takes x-rays to check for the presence of abnormalities or diseases. He works in his own dental clinic or also at schools, hospitals or laboratories.
Dental Hygienist Duties and Responsibilities
A dental hygienist is required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Makes use of dental instruments to clean deposits and stains from the gums and teeth.
- Applies cavity preventing agents like fluorides for preventing dental decay.
- Records patient’s conditions of disease or decay to diagnose and plan treatment methods.
- Explains the relationship between oral health and diet to patients and also help them to choose the toothbrushes that best suit them.
- Prepares models of teeth to explain oral hygiene to patients.
Dental Hygienist Skills and Specifications
A dental hygienist is required to possess the following skills and specifications:
- Paying attention to details provided by patients is the most important skill that is required by a dental hygienist.
- Willingness to work for extra hours.
- Must be a critical thinker to find out causes and solutions for problems.
- Ability to teach well along with good verbal and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge about the tools to be used and willingness to learn continuously.
- Must be up-to-date with the current technological methods for treatment.
Dental Hygienist Education and Qualification
A dental hygienist is required to possess the following education and qualification:
- An Associate’s degree in Dental hygiene from an institution that is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- Certifications which can be completed in 2 to 3 year periods in dental hygiene are available.
- License is mandatory and thus can be obtained after passing a national exam that is administered by the American Dental Association’s Joint Commission.
- Candidates who are planning to perform research in the field have to complete a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in dental hygiene.
Dental Hygienist Salary
A dental hygienist is expected to earn around $64,648 annually and it varies depending up on the geographic location of the hygienist and also his experience and qualification. Job opportunities are expected to increase for dental hygienists with the increasing demand for dental services.
The health coach is a professional who is an expert at advising and counseling on the important requirements for a healthy lifestyle. This job is important in various aspects. For example, in hospitals and medical clinics the health coach is required to help patients with different dietary requirements according to the health condition. In fitness centers, a health coach is in great demand as more and more people want to be aware of the different nutritional ways to lose weight and stay healthy. This job involves creating awareness about the healthy way of living and preventive measures that can be taken from various kinds of diseases.
Health Coach Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are a list of duties and responsibilities of a health coach:
- He or she is responsible for ensuring that all individuals seeking counsel are made aware of the health issues concerned and the ways in which one could combat them.
- He must raise awareness about the different available exercises, weight loss programs and other dietary requirements necessary for a healthy lifestyle.
- He should be able to provide a chart of habits and lifestyle changes that are imperative for the improvement of the concerned individual’s health.
- The health coach should be able to identify the required goals that each individual must fulfill and advice feasible options for it.
Health Coach Skills and Specifications:
- He or she must understand the importance of different types of food groups. A detailed study is required for this purpose.
- He or she should be aware of the latest health trends and be able to advice for or against accordingly.
- He or she should be able to read the individual and advice the required plans accordingly.
- The health care coach must never be condescending and should have a positive attitude throughout.
- He should also be able to communicate via different sources of communication and update the patient or individual accordingly.
- He should have good interpersonal skills.
Health Coach Education and Qualification:
No specific educational requirements are needed as such but the candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Health and Living Systems.
- Certification in Essential Coaching.
- Experience of at least 2 years working under health management services.
Health Coach Salary:
The average income of a health coach is around $62,000 per annum. This is dependent on experience and the health institute offering the job.
A health assistant is a professional health care worker who is in charge of assisting health care administrators or supervisors. He or she is responsible for ensuring that all patients are getting the required treatment. This job also requires the individual to be aware of the different business operations within the facility. Unlike the health care manager, the assistant has a more one-on-one relationship with the patients, medical staff and the non-medical staff. Hence, it is important that such an individual is able to juggle different roles from handing medical issues to legal and business issues. He or she must also cater to the different requirements of the supervisor in charge.
Health Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
The health assistant has the following duties that are required to be fulfilled:
- He or she must be an expert at providing optimum comfort to all the patients of the hospital.
- He or she must supervise the medical and non-medical staff when and if required on behalf of the administrator.
- He or she is required to be aware of the different medical locations within the given vicinity and travel whenever the job demands one too. This can be for medical or non-medical reasons.
- He or she must look after the well being of the staff and the patients and listen and report to the supervisor for changes to be implemented.
- He or she must be adept at monitoring the patient’s details and ensuring that proper medical attention is being provided.
Health Assistant Skills and Specifications:
- Flexibility is a very important skill for the health assistant to possess. He or she will be required to do a lot of duties as and when the supervisor requires.
- Communication skills are also imperative since he or she has to keep in touch with the staff and patients and alike and take down complaints whenever necessary.
- Organizational skills are a must for such a job since a lot of the work involves creating reports for different purposes.
- Must have some knowledge in certain medical practices especially required during emergencies.
- Should have tremendous amount of patience for handling superiors and different employees in different medical departments.
Health Assistant Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in health care.
- Experience in assisting different health care professionals.
Health Assistant Salary:
The average annual salary of a health assistant is around $45,000 which can also vary depending upon the job profile.
The diabetes health counselors are trained professionals who are responsible for providing education as well as advice on the different ways of preventing diabetes. They are also trained in other types of health care that are related to diabetes and the diabetics. The certified counselor can work in clinics, medical centers and hospitals. Counseling is an important way through which regulation on diabetes can be done. Diabetics have different needs and specific nutritional and dietary requirements which the counselor is required to inform the patient and his family. This will involve an in-depth knowledge in insulin management, food intake, physical exercise requirements and analysis of behavioral changes. This job comes with a lot of responsibilities and it is imperative that there are little or no errors while counseling a patient.
Diabetes Health Counselor Duties and Responsibilities:
The following are the diabetes health counselor’s duties and responsibilities:
- A diabetes health counselor should be able to inject insulin as well as teach the patient and/or the family how to inject it.
- He or she must create a proper chart which informs the patient what needs to be done in terms of food, medications and exercise.
- Should be able to diagnose which level of diabetes the patient is suffering from.
- Must be aware of all the available treatments and should be able to explain all of them in a simple, coherent and step-by-step manner.
Diabetes Health Counselor Skills and Specifications:
- Must have very good communication skills as this job requires dealing with different kinds of patients on a regular basis.
- Must provide advice based on the medical history of the patient. It is important that he or she reads through and creates a unique diet pattern to be followed and thus they must have good knowledge on diet management.
- Must ensure that the patient is aware of the risks and the ways of prevention.
- Must promote exercise and healthy eating habits as well as the proper medication requirement.
- Must be calm and patient when dealing with critical or adverse situations.
Diabetes Health Counselor Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or nutrition.
- Certification in Continuing Professional Education of Diabetes Self-Management Training.
- Experience in counseling work for different medical clinics.
Diabetes Health Counselor Salary:
The recently recorded average salary of a diabetes health counselor is $42300 per annum. This can range from $28500 to $56100 depending on the level of experience attained.
The health administrator’s job is an important one to the overall functioning of a medical facility. This job essentially involves the management and business side of a hospital or health facility. The administrator acts like a supervisor who is not just responsible for the business functions but also for all the medical staff. The focus is primarily given on the type of health care given, whether the health care is up to date and whether all technological upgrading has been done. All of this is part and parcel of the health administrator’s job. He or she is also required to implement the required changes both in the business side of the hospital and the medical side. It is very important to have experience in various levels within the health care administration before taking up this post.
Health Administrator Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of those in health administrator are as follows:
- Ensuring all medical supplies are properly ordered and delivered in time.
- Training and hiring new staff in different departments of the hospital.
- Supervision and management of each section of the medical facility not just the business operations but also medical ones.
- Ensuring all employees are placed in the correct post according to their ability.
- Being aware of the medical innovations and recent medical developments and incorporating them within the hospital.
- All finances and money transactions are handled by the health administrator. There are also legal issues and complexities that he is required to sort out if necessary.
Health Administrator Skills and Specifications:
- Since he or she is required to administrate the whole facility, it is important that one is alert and prepared to strategize wherever required.
- He must be an expert in handling people of different mentalities especially since he is responsible for hiring the medical and other staff members.
- Budgeting and accounting are important skills that he must possess as he is required to produce finance reports periodically.
- Marketing analysis reports should be constantly done by the health administrator so that the required actions can be taken.
Health Administrator Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor’s in health care administration.
- Master’s in health care administration.
- Experience in entry-level and high level administration within a hospital.
Health Administrator Salary:
The US Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported the annual income for those in high level health administration is around $80,240.
The health administration job is concerned with managing medical and health services and involves different posts like health care executives, medical supervisor etc. The purpose of this job is to take charge of a particular department or facility and ensure its proper functioning. The individual handling such a job must not only focus on the integration of quality health care but ensure that all health care systems, technological development and new structures of management are being implemented within the facility. He or she is also responsible for ensuring the latest preventive cares are at hand. This job mainly deals with the health administrator making certain that the medical facility is updated and efficient according to the consistent changes.
Health Administration Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of those in health administration are:
- Managing and supervising an entire hospital, department or facility in terms of the business transactions and operations.
- Hiring and supervising staff as well as ensuring that all employees are positioned according to their specialization so that there is no margin for error.
- All news and updates regarding new medical technology as well medication is to be kept by a health administrator. The subsequent incorporation must also be followed.
- He or she is also responsible for controlling finances and other monetary transactions within the facility.
- Medical supply ordering, training and personnel oversight are all part and parcel of this job.
Health Administration Skills and Specifications:
- He or she must be adept at handling different business situations and construct strategies accordingly.
- He should have good inter-personal skills as he is responsible for supervising and hiring a large number of the medical staff
- He should be updated with the latest market trends and initiate plan of action within the medical facility if required.
- He should be an expert at handling budgeting and accounting at a large scale.
- He should be able to handle any legal issues that might come up while handling certain medical cases.
Health Administration Education and Qualification:
- A bachelor’s degree in health care administration
- A master’s degree in health care administration
- Experience in both entry-level and high level administration of a medical facility.
Health Administration Salary:
According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual income for those in health administration is $80,240. The average income for those in middle level employment is $62,800.